Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 first 1k miles

Old 11-18-2011, 05:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JerseyMark
I found a tsb on this problem:

NUMBER: 12-345-67 GROUP: SUSPENSION DATE: September 10, 2011

SUBJECT: Rattle or squeek in front suspension

MODEL: 2007 - 2012 (JK) Wrangler NOTE: This bulletin applies to all vehicles.

OVERVIEW: This bulletin involves customer complaining of noise in front suspension.

SYMPTOM/CONDITION: This bulletin will address intermittent front suspension noise.

SOLUTION: Turn left dial on radio up until noise is no longer audible or you can no longer hear customer complaining. NOTE: this tsb also applies with squeeky clutch or seat frame which wee also both common.

ill tell you what, i do not miss that damn squeaky clutch on my 07' rubi. its was truly embarrasing driving a badass lifted 2dr and having that loud squeaky clutch going thru parking lots or drive thru's i have 609 miles on my 12 rubi 4 dr, 6 speed.... very impressed on how quite and smooth the ride is!!! i it feels like its smoother than my girlfriends 09 infiniti fx35... jeep did a really great job designing the 12' model.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

1300 miles on mine...thought i heard a rattle...but it turned out it was my daughters car seat clips rattling when she was not in it.....no complaints except for 1st gear being really short.......3.73's on the stock wheels......huge power difference over my 4.0's!!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 07:02 AM
JK Newbie

At around 1200 miles on my 2012, the left rear door lock stopped working and gives a ratcheting noise. My driver's seat is also very squeaky. Dealer didn't have the parts to fix either problem on my last visit in.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GreenGP
Just over 2100 miles.

Been into the dealer twice for a rattle coming from drivers side near front wheel/shock/spring area. Occurs at low speed under suspension/steering flex.First trip in they really couldn't reproduce the rattle. So drove it to the dealer on a Sunday when they were closed and found a spot right outside the service exit door where it would make the noise every time.

Took it it in again and now they hear the noise but have been unsucessful fixing it and told me that I'd pretty much have to live with it as it was typical "settling".

Have been very polite and not copped any attitude towards the dealer and they also have been polite to me as well.... but this is driving me nutz.

This isn't my first rodeo with issues as I have restored a number of vehicles and have a built TJ in the garage.

Looks like I'll be trouble shooting and repairing my 1 month old $41K (MSRP) Jeep.

This and the loop 'd' loop exhaust does not inspire confidence in Jeep engineeing and quality.

Sorry for the rant but these darn Jeeps are like the hot girlfriend you end up marrying..

Oh well need to take her out topless and doorless for a bumpy ride and all the "little" problems tend to be forgotten.. for a while.
FYI rattles are common for new jeep, check thread and you should find solution. fixed mine using this.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...noise....CURED!!!!!

Quick Reply: 2012 first 1k miles