Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 first 1k miles

Old 10-05-2011, 06:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2K miles!

My 12 Rubicon Unlimited (loaded auto wt 4.7 gearing) performed flawless on my trip to Cleaveland.....80mph average all the way in the rain. Superb power and stability with zero issues or noises. It was a blast to drive...can't wait for some off road fun!!
Old 10-07-2011, 09:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GreenGP
Just over 2100 miles.

Been into the dealer twice for a rattle coming from drivers side near front wheel/shock/spring area. Occurs at low speed under suspension/steering flex.
My 2010 had this issue, as does my 2011- I'm sure the 2012 I ordered will do the same thing.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GreenGP
Just over 2100 miles.

Been into the dealer twice for a rattle coming from drivers side near front wheel/shock/spring area. Occurs at low speed under suspension/steering flex.First trip in they really couldn't reproduce the rattle. So drove it to the dealer on a Sunday when they were closed and found a spot right outside the service exit door where it would make the noise every time.

Took it it in again and now they hear the noise but have been unsucessful fixing it and told me that I'd pretty much have to live with it as it was typical "settling".

Have been very polite and not copped any attitude towards the dealer and they also have been polite to me as well.... but this is driving me nutz.

This isn't my first rodeo with issues as I have restored a number of vehicles and have a built TJ in the garage.

Looks like I'll be trouble shooting and repairing my 1 month old $41K (MSRP) Jeep.

This and the loop 'd' loop exhaust does not inspire confidence in Jeep engineeing and quality.

Sorry for the rant but these darn Jeeps are like the hot girlfriend you end up marrying..

Oh well need to take her out topless and doorless for a bumpy ride and all the "little" problems tend to be forgotten.. for a while.

Is this a rattle or a squeaking noise exactly?

I started hearing a squeak on my 2012 on the 3rd day. Passenger side front wheel area. Took it in and they think it was the bearing hub. Took 2 weeks for the part to come in.. during the 2 week waiting period, the noise was gone. When the part finally came in, I just replaced the part anyways.. 2500 miles and so far so good
Old 10-08-2011, 07:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found a tsb on this problem:

NUMBER: 12-345-67 GROUP: SUSPENSION DATE: September 10, 2011

SUBJECT: Rattle or squeek in front suspension

MODEL: 2007 - 2012 (JK) Wrangler NOTE: This bulletin applies to all vehicles.

OVERVIEW: This bulletin involves customer complaining of noise in front suspension.

SYMPTOM/CONDITION: This bulletin will address intermittent front suspension noise.

SOLUTION: Turn left dial on radio up until noise is no longer audible or you can no longer hear customer complaining. NOTE: this tsb also applies with squeeky clutch or seat frame which wee also both common.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:11 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JerseyMark

OVERVIEW: This bulletin involves customer complaining of noise in front suspension.

SYMPTOM/CONDITION: This bulletin will address intermittent front suspension noise.

SOLUTION: Turn left dial on radio up until noise is no longer audible or you can no longer hear customer complaining. NOTE: this tsb also applies with squeeky clutch or seat frame which wee also both common.
OK you got me!!!!

You guy's are too funny.

My wife already told me crank the tunes and take the top off...

Noise is more of a rattle/creak. This thing has enough rubber bushings to build a Goodyear blimp. Have had unit bearing noises on the TJ and this doesn't appear to be that noise. Really think it is in the suspension,steering or even a motor mount. Also noticed a similar noise from the spring on the hood when pushing down but determined this was not the cause.

Will keep at it and post what I find.

Thanks for the levity and any help!

Best regards,

David

Last edited by GreenGP; 10-08-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Also works for obnoxious noise coming from passenger seat!!
Old 10-08-2011, 04:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ranjr
Also works for obnoxious noise coming from passenger seat!!
Or obnoxious passenger ...period.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:09 PM
JK Newbie

I've got a 2012 Sahara and feel a slight rattle in the steering wheel... any ideas? Other than that I agree that as mileage builds, the engine feels like its breaking in and gets better each day!
Old 11-18-2011, 03:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Dealer just performed this on my Jeep...Worked like a charm. Easiest TSB yet
Old 11-18-2011, 03:34 PM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up High quality build on my '12 Rubi....

I am extremely impressed with the overall quality of build on my new Rubicon....I got a 2-door 6-speed softtop half-door Rubicon (ordered) and this rig is perfect! Traded an '06 TJ Rubicon for it and I am VERY happy with that decision. No 'leaks' (softtop only here), rattles or squeaks (yet) but I'm not expecting any either. The only thing I have noticed is that the 'trunk' speaker housing rubs on the inside of the tailgate slightly but it's not a big deal. It's a very impressive vehicle both on-road and off and I am very happy with it. The jump from the TJ to the JK is the biggest hurdle so far; the new clutch took some getting used to but it's really much better; also the 'hill start assist' (HSA) is amazing - as is the electronic throttle control; two upgrades that I never envisioned myself as accepting or 'needing'...But both perform fabulously and I'm now a believer!! GET ONE!

Quick Reply: 2012 first 1k miles