Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 first 1k miles

Old 09-08-2011, 03:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 first 1k miles

So I just passed my first thousand miles with my new JK. Some notes. The engine has a good throaty sound, a good exhaust will really make her sound good and give her some extra ponies. The stock exhuast looks alittle restricting. The 6 speed seems to be ok. First could be a little lower I have 3.73not sure if the 4.10s giive you that? Nothing broke yet, I will keep this up as a kick past a few thousand more. Thinking of PUR coating the underside. HAPPY jeepn.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

edit: weird not the thread I was posting in.

Good news on the 2012! Getting mine tonight. Glad to hear working well.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to know. Please tell if you find any sqeaks or rattles.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Past 1k

Originally Posted by goaterguy
I will, that way some can find out if its a norm or something is up.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by goaterguy
Hard to believe but I've already clocked over 2,200 miles on my 2012 Rubicon and there are zero sqeaks or rattles. I'm very impressed with the overall quality of the build. Also, I concur with other owners of the Pentastar engine, that as you get more break-in miles on the engine, the freer it rev's - the engine continues to impress me with onramp performance and highway cruising.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:03 PM
JK Newbie

keep it coming! wanna hear more about 12's
Old 10-04-2011, 09:12 PM
JK Newbie

HAHA got my 11' last week he only has 828 miles on him
Old 10-05-2011, 03:52 AM
JK Newbie

Just over 2100 miles.

Been into the dealer twice for a rattle coming from drivers side near front wheel/shock/spring area. Occurs at low speed under suspension/steering flex.First trip in they really couldn't reproduce the rattle. So drove it to the dealer on a Sunday when they were closed and found a spot right outside the service exit door where it would make the noise every time.

Took it it in again and now they hear the noise but have been unsucessful fixing it and told me that I'd pretty much have to live with it as it was typical "settling".

Have been very polite and not copped any attitude towards the dealer and they also have been polite to me as well.... but this is driving me nutz.

This isn't my first rodeo with issues as I have restored a number of vehicles and have a built TJ in the garage.

Looks like I'll be trouble shooting and repairing my 1 month old $41K (MSRP) Jeep.

This and the loop 'd' loop exhaust does not inspire confidence in Jeep engineeing and quality.

Sorry for the rant but these darn Jeeps are like the hot girlfriend you end up marrying..

Oh well need to take her out topless and doorless for a bumpy ride and all the "little" problems tend to be forgotten.. for a while.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GreenGP
Just over 2100 miles.

Been into the dealer twice for a rattle coming from drivers side near front wheel/shock/spring area. Occurs at low speed under suspension/steering flex.First trip in they really couldn't reproduce the rattle. So drove it to the dealer on a Sunday when they were closed and found a spot right outside the service exit door where it would make the noise every time.

Took it it in again and now they hear the noise but have been unsucessful fixing it and told me that I'd pretty much have to live with it as it was typical "settling".

Have been very polite and not copped any attitude towards the dealer and they also have been polite to me as well.... but this is driving me nutz.

This isn't my first rodeo with issues as I have restored a number of vehicles and have a built TJ in the garage.

Looks like I'll be trouble shooting and repairing my 1 month old $41K (MSRP) Jeep.

This and the loop 'd' loop exhaust does not inspire confidence in Jeep engineeing and quality.

Sorry for the rant but these darn Jeeps are like the hot girlfriend you end up marrying..

Oh well need to take her out topless and doorless for a bumpy ride and all the "little" problems tend to be forgotten.. for a while.
I have the same sound on my 2012. I have no idea what it is. But I can't hear it when my freedom panels are off
Old 10-05-2011, 05:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GreenGP
Just over 2100 miles.

My 2010 Rubicon has had a squeak coming from the right rear brakes for over a year. You hear it when you are not applying the breaks. Apply the breaks and it goes away. Been to three different dealers for a total of 7 trips and none of them can make it go away. Talk about driving you nuts!

Quick Reply: 2012 first 1k miles