Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2011 Mirrors

Old 11-20-2010, 03:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find it a little amusing that people think a little trail of water running from the bottom of the mirror is a problem. We drive them in mud, over rocks and right into brush on the sides of trails but a little water running down the door after you wash it is bad....
Old 11-20-2010, 03:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jcs07jk
I find it a little amusing that people think a little trail of water running from the bottom of the mirror is a problem. We drive them in mud, over rocks and right into brush on the sides of trails but a little water running down the door after you wash it is bad....
I think it has to do more with water potentially and continually leaking into the door itself and rotting over time, but then again I don't even have a JK yet so I may be wrong.
However on the occasion that one might wash there muddy Jeep and even wax it to add a bit more protection to there paint, it may just suck to have a stream of water run down the Jeep 2 minutes after drying it. One hour may be acceptable but 2 minutes is like getting a sarcastic "Ha Ha" from your JK.
Or maybe your JK is saying, "Ha Ha, you think you can clean me, I want more Mud!!... Wooo Whoooo!"
Old 11-21-2010, 09:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think you could have

Originally Posted by Mariner
I too set the mirrors the day I bought the jeep, wish I could have got my rubi without power windows and locks. imagine power mirrors in a jeep.

Not sure about the '11 models but Rubicon's have had optional power windows and locks it's not been an included feature. I have seen plenty of Rubicons without unnecessary power equipment. When I bought mine in September I looked at another Wrangler which was a white 2 door hardtop Rubi that was all manual it was a Rubicon with one option, the hard top, and the sticker was just under $30K.

Quick Reply: 2011 Mirrors