Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2011 jk interior is sick!

Old 03-02-2011, 08:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CdnJeepDan
Anyone with a 2011 know if the new interior fixed the annoying problem with the seat belts?

You know the one... Where the belt doesn't retract back all the way and hangs into the door way at a perfect spot for you to slam the door into it, denting and possibly chipping the paint from both the door and the door-frame?
Oh man that absolutely kills me everytime that happens!
Old 03-02-2011, 08:46 AM
JK Freak

Mu wife and I love our 2011. The interior is so much nicer than any of the other JK's we have owned. It is not only functional, it is more comfortable and appealing. It was a big part of our decision to get out of our 09 and go with the 2011.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:41 AM
JK Newbie

Anyone with a 2011 know if the new interior fixed the annoying problem with the seat belts?

You know the one... Where the belt doesn't retract back all the way and hangs into the door way at a perfect spot for you to slam the door into it, denting and possibly chipping the paint from both the door and the door-frame?
Happens with my '07 model as well. I'm now in the habit of just giving that seat belt a little tug upwards before I close the door. I think it would feel strange not having to do that anymore.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:37 PM
JK Newbie

As far as I am concenred they are just getting closer to turning these things into mini vans. First the engine, now the interior. I'd rather have a wrangler and not a GC. And just how in the ~!$# do they NOT offer bright red or white as color options!? It's looking less and less like I'll ever buy another new one. So sad.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think white is a last minute late add on. Not sure about red...... Turning into a minivan? You mean its not all ready? I have freaking hill assist and"traction control" IN A JEEP!

Soccer moms are ruining this country!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Personally, I love the 2011 interior, especially with the brown leather. I had an appointment to order one, but found my 09 Rubi the day before. Couldn't justify paying $10,000 more for 13k less miles, Power options, leather, and that interior. Maybe I will find one in a few years, with the new motor, but I am happy now. As for being too posh, maybe if it is a dedicated trail machine, but not so much for a DD. I admit I hate the TC, but it is easily defeated. If a guy really wants a new Jeep, with the CJ style interior, $30k could easily buy one that is already built up, and the rest of the money could go into a SBC swap and restoration. I think they are a long way away from becoming mini vans, but the day they go with IFS, push button 4WD, unibody construction, or front wheel drive, I will retract that statement.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:07 PM
JK Newbie

My 2011 is GREAT. Took the carpet out and all the underneath metal is painted to match my dark green exterior. Very Comfy and smooth riding. I really enjoy the cruise control and all the necessities for a daily driver, yet just rugged enough to earn the title jeep.

I have a stick with 3.21 gears and 255 tires. I zip around no problem in hilly Maine without any sluggishness. I think it would even do great with 33's, however I might need some more might with 35. Im thinking 3.73 or MAX 4.10 to go with 35 and the stick. I might keep my 3.21 with stock tires, becuase average 20mpg is a Jeep is really nice!
Old 04-29-2011, 05:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like the 2011 interior, but i do not love it. the design is like a honda civic, i like the 2007-2010 exterior color on the door's inside showing, i see the lay out same as the 2010 , just trimed like a honda.

the earlier jk,s dash is simpler to take apart and modify.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

It happens on my 07 Saraha, but not on my 11 sport?? Not sure if they did anything different
Old 04-29-2011, 05:57 PM
JK Freak

Anyone that thinks this looks bad needs their head examined. That black is indeed BLACK.. I think an all black would look too dark with no contrast.

Last edited by plac; 04-29-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Quick Reply: 2011 jk interior is sick!