Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2011 jk interior is sick!

Old 11-05-2010, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone with a 2011 know if the new interior fixed the annoying problem with the seat belts?

You know the one... Where the belt doesn't retract back all the way and hangs into the door way at a perfect spot for you to slam the door into it, denting and possibly chipping the paint from both the door and the door-frame?
Old 11-05-2010, 03:08 PM
blw
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CdnJeepDan
Anyone with a 2011 know if the new interior fixed the annoying problem with the seat belts?

You know the one... Where the belt doesn't retract back all the way and hangs into the door way at a perfect spot for you to slam the door into it, denting and possibly chipping the paint from both the door and the door-frame?
Funny, I haven't had that happen on my Jeep '10 yet, but it happens on my '09 Toyota Sequoia on the rear passenger doors.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didnt like the 2011 when I first saw the interior in pictures. But after looking at them on the lot its growing on me.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CdnJeepDan

Not sure either My 09 didnt have a problem retracting but I did have an issue with the driver side not allowing me to pull it out when first getting in. Since been fixed under warranty of course. But a royal PIA no doubt.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK Mikey
I didnt like the 2011 when I first saw the interior in pictures. But after looking at them on the lot its growing on me.

Same here- first impression of a two tone on a silver jeep was horrendous. I like the looks of the all black interior much more which is odd, because I usually prefer two tone. I like the fact that there are more storage compartments in the center console and top of the dash. That was one of my complaints about my 09. (The daystar panel helps, but I'm always afraid things will fly out). I like the grab handle, steering wheels controls (but the steering wheel itself is too thick IMO) the partitioned and powered center armrest console a lot. (Wouldn't mind switching mine out) The rounded dash doesn't do anything for me, but I do like the new ac vent surrounds. Doors.... way too much plastic. If there's an engine switch in the next few years I might upgrade, but I've put a lot of time into this one and absolutely love it. The CAI made a difference, and I've got no complaints on power for the most part.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've been hangin' with my new 2011 and been lovin' the interior. I like the fusion of the interior (that you might not expect in a Jeep Wrangler) with the exterior.

Maybe it's just me. Maybe it's just finally getting exactly what I used to drool over when I sold cars 10 years ago. Not sure. . . but I like it.

I'm a techie - so I like the creature comforts. Maybe wheeling will become a passion for me at some point - who knows. For now I'll be a stocker that spends most of my time on road with the occasional jaunt onto a rough patch or off road for a short trip after a Geocache.

By the way - the Black/Tan interior is BLACK. The carpets are very much a solid black, and outside of the lower portion of the dash and the light tan stitching in the center of the seats it's very dark. I like it but also hope that it isn't too hot with the top off in the summer.

Here's my interior:

and the outside:

Old 11-06-2010, 08:53 AM
JK Newbie

Default So have we seen what the 2012s will look like?

We have the 2011 interior, likely will carry over to 2012. We know about the Pentastar and CRD engines coming in 2012. We've seen the painted hard tops in 2011. So will the 2012 look just like the 2011s or will the body style change too? Or will it look more like the new Grand Cherokee body? Seems the Gladiator pickup is a go for next fall also...according to many sources.

Last edited by koala!; 11-06-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bubba_zenetti

If you are worried about that, think about all the dents, chips and scratches you will get on the trail.
I haven't seen any issues with the belts yet. They also put the tilt and slide easy entry seats back In the 2 doors.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bubba_zenetti
Honestly, Jeep should have had 2 options for the interior. They should have had the spartan package for all of us who use our rigs for straight up business. Option two would have been the H2Envy package for those who prefer to spend more time picking up the kids from school and tooling the malls.

It is not bad looking, its just not Jeep like from a purists standard.
I agree. I think they should have a steel sheet with a speedo for folks that don't want the nicer feel for their DD. Me personally... No kids and no mall within 50 miles but I still like the new interior and some of the creature comforts that are available.

I don't see the problem with something that makes you comfy for the 80-90% of the time that you aren't slinging mud or rock crawling and from what I can tell from the few days I've had mine it should be as easy to clean up as my 99.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:19 PM
JK Newbie

I wanted the all black interior but went with the two tone with leather because it would save me from waiting for a special order. Without seeing it in person I dove in... 3 days later it arrived. I LOVE my interior! The leather is very thick and seems durable FWIW. The brown of the seats and dash work well with the Sahara Tan paint (and desert camo spare tire cover )

Quick Reply: 2011 jk interior is sick!