Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2011 jk interior is sick!

Old 11-02-2010, 06:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only real thing i like about the new interior is the shiter boot on the 6 speed..mine is a rubber accordian and hard to clean...this 2011 looks like it would be easier to clean...not that i clean mine much but when i do
Old 11-02-2010, 06:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 07JKX
I just know that at some point, if it were mine, that interior would be covered in mud. With all those new buttons, and cracks and crevises it will be a bitch to clean.

I dont care about manlyness... just convenience
Hard plastic is hard plastic. Changing the shape from square to rounded didn't impact the ability to clean it. There are no new parting lines or even much in the way of new buttons either.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Ugly tj

I sat in one a few weeks ago at a festival and the first thing that popped in my head was,"am I in a Grand Cherokee?" ALL the mistakes they made with the TJ, ie turning the interior into more car than jeep, I feel they are doing again with the 2011. Nice? Sure. If your never going to mod it, mud it, customize it, make it ur own.

Just my two cents- I'll wait for the next model change.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Coondog33
I really like the interior as well....but with the top off 7 months outta the year and an 8 and 5 year old...football...baseball...soccer...Ill enjoy my plastic...
You do realize that the new interior is the exact same hard plastic crap as the old one, right??

There's no reason to expect the durability to be any different between the two.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by NH-JK
Just sat in the 2011 jk today while I was getting an oil change. The all black interior is awesome! It's soooo soft. The seats are so comfy. The arm rest is padded and everything looks really clean and smooth. The grab bar on the glove box is awesome. I'm a fan. Now...... How about that "new" motor........ Still waiting......
Happy for you

You are definitely not an old school Jeeper. I don't like it because it's inside a Wrangler, this should be in a Grand Cherokee
Old 11-03-2010, 04:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Seems to me that there may be a good aftermarket demand for a replacement dash.

Should be cheap and easy to make - just a sheet of steel, primed ready to paint to the buyers preferred color. It can have knock out blanks that will allow the addition of gauges that meet the owners tastes (speedo-odo standard). I might suggest it include a standard AM radio and be rigged to explode should someone try to mount heated seat switches to it.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:46 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Rob W.
Hard plastic is hard plastic. Changing the shape from square to rounded didn't impact the ability to clean it. There are no new parting lines or even much in the way of new buttons either.
your eyes must be different than mine then. good luck with that guy
Old 11-03-2010, 01:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 07JKX
your eyes must be different than mine then. good luck with that guy
The entire 2011 IP is hard plastic. It may look like nice padded vinyl, but it's not. Same goes for the door panels. The steering wheel has buttons now, and you can get heated seats, but otherwise, it's basically the same button count.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just got my wife a 2011. i really like the new interior.. i also still like the interior of my 09 jeep.. the new one does have alote of cool little new details that i like .
Old 11-03-2010, 02:28 PM
blw
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Meh. I like my '10 interior better with its (seemingly) rugged hard plastics, bare metal on the doors, etc.

Though I do like the idea of an after-market metal replacement dash! I am in the process of replacing as much plastic with metal as I can, starting with the bumpers and side steps.

Quick Reply: 2011 jk interior is sick!