Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2011 jk interior is sick!

Old 11-02-2010, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07JKX
I just know that at some point, if it were mine, that interior would be covered in mud. With all those new buttons, and cracks and crevises it will be a bitch to clean.

I dont care about manlyness... just convenience
yeah i went mudding with no doors.. it was very anoying to clean lol
Old 11-02-2010, 12:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am trading in my 2007 JK X Model for a Black 2011 JK that I custom built on the Jeep website and sent to a dealer by my house. I cant wait to get it!!! They said it was going to take 3-5 weeks...
Old 11-02-2010, 12:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Ummm... The 07 - 10 interior sucks to clean also.

Bring the new engine and the JK becomes the perfect blend of on road (engine) and off road (solid axles, lockers, etc...)performance....with a nice interior to boot.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:10 PM
JK Newbie

My favorite part of the 2011 is the diameter of the new steering wheel and the buttons on the steering wheel....which buttons you have depends on options you have. I'm a big guy and the new steering wheel is great for my big hands. Love the 2011 interior and I personally think that all Jeep interiors are tough to clean when muddy. This is my third or fourth jeep and mud is hard to clean in everything. I'm just glad they still come with drain plugs.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by saltman
The new interior is horrible. The two tone tan/black one is the worst of all. It looks like early 80s honda colors. yuck.

The overall design of it is ugly also. It looks more appropriate for a RAV4 or an economy car. The curves look alien compared to the outside of the Jeep which is angular proportioned.

Finished door panels on a Jeep is beyond words. Why?

The new functional items they added are nice but the appearance is ridiculous. All the cutesy logos and symbols throughout is horrible. I don't get it.

They understand. I know. The JK stripper model they are showing around is what most Jeep owners want. Why they went this route I will never understand. Soccer moms still want to have the appearance of a capable vehicle. They're going to stop buying them when they look like every other SUV or mini van on the road. The people that actually use the Jeep would never want all this tarted up decoration.
Have you seen it in person? Looks way better. Makes good business sense-give more choices-sell more jeeps-make more money-repeat
Old 11-02-2010, 01:57 PM
JK Super Freak

I like a lot of the aspects of the new interior, I don't like a lot if it.

I think if they hadn't put chrome rings around the shifter and T-case knobs, it'd be better and the weird texture of the dash, looks like a plastic leather to me.

I do like the dash grab handle, the air vent rings, the hidden graphics on the windshield and the stainless alan screws.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by shredX
Ummm... The 07 - 10 interior sucks to clean also.

Bring the new engine and the JK becomes the perfect blend of on road (engine) and off road (solid axles, lockers, etc...)performance....with a nice interior to boot.
Lol. The new engine will be pretty much the same garbage. 280 hp at 5800 rpm, when will we ever use that? Personally i like the 3.8 at least you get all the hp on a usefull rpm range.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by speed2005

Can’t wait to see pics! Will you PM me? I am looking to get mango tango as well. What made you decide on Sahara vs Rubicon? The price is not that much of a difference from what I saw
I'm a stocker (historically speaking... But who knows what the future holds) so the extras on the rubi weren't high on my list. My jeep will be a DD and I really like the color keyed flares. In addition the sahara pig added the options that I wanted (Infiniti, pwr options, alarm,etc,etc).

I figure I can build the other stuff if I get into wheeling.

I'm sure I'll post pics once it arrives. It's sitting at the rail yard containment lot now. Hopefully tomorrow, or Thursday for the less than one mile haul from there to the dealer, lol
Old 11-02-2010, 06:10 PM
JK Freak

Default X2

Originally Posted by Hbomb
the interior is not manly enough, not a real jeep, too posh, etc, etc.
I like the interior materials and the steering wheel. The seats they're the same with different cloth. But really the interior is nice but it does not look right with the JK exterior right now. I suspect that next year when the revised exterior happens the interior will make more sense and maybe integrate better. But I'm a tad curious/worried about where the exterior will head now that we've seen the interior it is getting.

Personally, i wouldn't buy the '11 because of the interior oh and because it's got the same engine. I might be able to live with the '11 interior if the engine was improved.

For those of you who jumped on the '11 enjoy it! I'm sure it's still just as fun to drive as any jeep wrangler/cj model before it.

B.S.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by B.S.
I like the interior materials and the steering wheel. The seats they're the same with different cloth. But really the interior is nice but it does not look right with the JK exterior right now. I suspect that next year when the revised exterior happens the interior will make more sense and maybe integrate better. But I'm a tad curious/worried about where the exterior will head now that we've seen the interior it is getting.

Personally, i wouldn't buy the '11 because of the interior oh and because it's got the same engine. I might be able to live with the '11 interior if the engine was improved.

For those of you who jumped on the '11 enjoy it! I'm sure it's still just as fun to drive as any jeep wrangler/cj model before it.

B.S.
i went to buy a used one for 20k but they offered me the 2011 with the options i wanted (pretty simple lol only auto tranny, 3.73 gears , AC and soft top)for 22k. and took my car for over 3 grand from the kelly blue book excellent condition, couldn't pass the deal :P.. but i should have bought a rubi... too bad they didnt have the color i wanted

Quick Reply: 2011 jk interior is sick!