Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2010 Sahara vs 2011 sport with optional package

Old 03-02-2011, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it depends on how much the new Jeep bug has bit you. You would do better of just buying the lift for the 2010. But if the 2011 is within your budget and you really want it, go for it. I going to do like a few have suggested. I going to hold out for the 2012 and see if they install the new engine. If not, I will try to get a 2011 at the end of the model year. They usually offer pretty good discounts and financing. Good luck with your decision.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I gave my 07 sahara to my wife and got an 11 sport with power options. I miss the upgraded sound system. Other than that I like the 11 better. Heated mirrors is nice in the winter when you can't see out of the back soft top window. I got a manual trans too. Much more fun
Old 03-02-2011, 03:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

my sport has the power windows and upgraded sound system. . im going to wait for the 12's likely before i trade up.. I personally always get sports or previously X's and load them up... I dont like the painted fender flares.. and can have the same equipment otherwise on my sport.. for less money than a sahara..

-Christopher
Old 03-03-2011, 06:51 AM
JK Newbie

thanks everyone, I think part of it is i just have new jeep fever. you all know how it is.

i do notice that my jeep doesn't have as much get up and go as my friends v6 tacoma but will i really notice that much more get up and go since i am leaning toward a manual transmission?
Old 03-06-2011, 07:36 AM
JK Newbie

Well I couldn't resist! I am the proud new owner of a Flame Red Sport. I am having a little anxiety about trading from a Sahara down to a Sport but I think that will go away once the i get the lift, rims and 35s on it among other things. I really do like the new interior and the larger windows on the hard top. The seat are a little ugly but comfortable, I'm going to get seat covers anyway.

Quick Reply: 2010 Sahara vs 2011 sport with optional package