Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2010 models and colors

Old 07-08-2009, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 models and colors

Just got back from the dealer looking for options on an '10

The X is out.
Replaced with the SPORT

and Natural Green Pearlcoat wasn't on the list for colors.

What's up with that. The first Jeep was green, and now you don't offer any type of green, it's almost un-American.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:29 AM
JK Junkie

So what will be the difference between the X and Sport? Just the sticker ?
Old 07-08-2009, 11:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HG07JKRubi
So what will be the difference between the X and Sport? Just the sticker ?

Probably. They used Sport in the later 90's on the base 6cyl/4 liters.

I have an X and i think its a stupid model designation myself.......
Old 07-08-2009, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

i actually prefer the name "sport." the term "X" sounds degrading and the vehicle is not deserving of that name. just because it doesn't have all the bells & whistles shouldn't require it to be called "Jeep X."
Old 07-08-2009, 11:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

According to allpar:

tow hooks, fog lamps, full-length center console, front floor mats, and premium cloth trim are now standard on all models. Front seatback map pockets are included with the standard cloth seats.
So there are some upgrades to the Sport model as well.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally, in the TJ's, the "X" was the introductory no frills model. & I do mean NO frills. The ones we got @ the dealership here in Scottsdale were 4 cyl, 5 speed, Dana 30 rear end, with no AC, carpet, or even a radio. So they were bare bones. Next level up was the Sport, then Sahara, & the almighty Rubicon. The Sport Came w/ AC, carpet, Stereo, 4.0L I6, could get manual or auto. Also came with Dana 30, but could opt for the 44. So, the X & Sport were 2 different models originally, but don't know what that means these days. Don't know if the sticker will be the only thing changing, or hopefully we'll get a couple more options than the current X. Guess we'll see.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AC was an option on the TJ Sport. You had to go to the Sahara or Rubicon to get it included.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by azjeepfreak
Originally, in the TJ's, the "X" was the introductory no frills model. & I do mean NO frills. The ones we got @ the dealership here in Scottsdale were 4 cyl, 5 speed, Dana 30 rear end, with no AC, carpet, or even a radio. So they were bare bones. Next level up was the Sport, then Sahara, & the almighty Rubicon. The Sport Came w/ AC, carpet, Stereo, 4.0L I6, could get manual or auto. Also came with Dana 30, but could opt for the 44. So, the X & Sport were 2 different models originally, but don't know what that means these days. Don't know if the sticker will be the only thing changing, or hopefully we'll get a couple more options than the current X. Guess we'll see.
Actually, the original X came with a 4.0L and Dana 35 rear end. The SE was a 4 cylinder.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubicon John
Actually, the original X came with a 4.0L and Dana 35 rear end. The SE was a 4 cylinder.
You are correct. The SE was the bottom of the line. I thought the X was the upgrade to the sport also.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by saltman
You are correct. The SE was the bottom of the line. I thought the X was the upgrade to the sport also.
Rubicon John is correct. I completely forgot about the SE designation, even though that's the model I was describing. The X was between the SE and the Sport. Sorry for the misinformation.

Quick Reply: 2010 models and colors