Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2010 jk unlimited soft top takes up room?

Old 01-19-2010, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 jk unlimited soft top takes up room?

i have the dual top group?im new here,site is awesome,any tricks around the soft top getting in way?did anyone remove theirs? thanks
Old 01-19-2010, 10:07 AM
JK Newbie

If your running with your hard top you should remove the soft top.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:15 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack
If your running with your hard top you should remove the soft top.
X2. The softtop is installed with the hardtop only as a manufacturer shipping convenience. The Owner's Manual makes clear to remove the softtop upon delivery to the owner (though some on here have run for a few weeks or months until weather was conducive to pulling the hardtop). Otherwise, you risk abnormal, accelerated wear to the softtop.

BTW: While you're at it, make certain that you have all of the softtop components. This includes not only the top and frame and minor hardware, but the door rails as well. Occasionally someone doesn't realize for months after taking delivery that something is missing, then they're back at the dealer trying to convince them that they really didn't receive those parts at delivery.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
BTW: While you're at it, make certain that you have all of the softtop components. This includes not only the top and frame and minor hardware, but the door rails as well. Occasionally someone doesn't realize for months after taking delivery that something is missing, then they're back at the dealer trying to convince them that they really didn't receive those parts at delivery.
That happened to me, I had to convince them I wasn't lieing then they ordered a bestop supertop and it's a POS

Last edited by thom1879; 01-19-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:21 AM
JK Newbie

Removing the soft top was the first thing I did when I got the JEEP home from the dealership.
It's hard top or "nothing" for me!!!
Old 01-19-2010, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

i knew it, the dealer was like "you dont want to take that out" it takes up all the room?? and if you want it on you just pull it out of the garage,how do i take it out of there? do i have to remove the hard top?? im pretty sure you do? is it bolted in? thanks
Old 01-19-2010, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I removed mine the night I got it home. You'll need some torx bits if I recall and the help of a couple neighbors to lift the top. I he-man'd mine out. I lifted the hard top, while she finagled the soft top out. kind of a biatch.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

cool ,thanks,so me and my bro can do it??

Quick Reply: 2010 jk unlimited soft top takes up room?