Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2008 production to start July 23rd...?

Old 04-04-2007, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
more waiting?!

UGH!

just fix the roof, paper thin sheet metal, and dash made of cardboard, and maybe I will buy one!

also; make the mygig use a real hard drive like 120 gigs or 350 gigs!

and, while I'm at it...

include a 3" long arm lift, with triangulated front and rear setups, and run it on 37s...

at no cost to the consumer...

ohh, and a 50,000 mile warrenty.

that is all.
ALICE! ALICE! WAKE UP! (Your not in wonderland any more) LOL!
Seriously though:
1. Thin sheetmetal helps keep the weight down, IE, more flotation on snow, less top heavy when you get vertical on boulders the size of volkswagons and more power at the rear wheels. (for those who take it off road) and don't forget COST.
2. I am willing to bet that the next generation of Mygig (also called nogig at this point) will evolve as fast as the aftermarket and you will get close to your wish soon, (of course you will have to buy a new Jeep to get it)
3.We all want the long arm from the factory and if anyone were to do it, it would be Jeep ( just look how they have taken a stocker and turned it into a wheelers dream. ( they took what we all do over time and did the last most expensive steps for us) IE the lockers, low range and swaybar disconnect. if you think about it, we generaly do these things AFTER we do a lift, bigger tires, ect, (the cheap mods) and we are already at the next step, however due to lift laws in various states and of cours liability.....
But yes, it is wonderfull to dream isn't it?
Oh almost forgot, have I missed something? Doesn't DC still have the standard 7-70 powertrain warranty they have had since the 80's and up till at least 2005? ( I yes I know the bumper to bumper is only 3-36)

Last edited by JonGiovani; 04-04-2007 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

The thing I am wondering about is if there are going to be any mechanical changes for 2008, and will we get an auto trans with the option for fulltime 4WD like Selectrac?
Old 04-05-2007, 09:11 AM
JK Newbie

They went away with the 7/70 powetrain warranty beginning with the 2006 model year.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Grant211
no worries about the novel.

the bottom line is - we all have to wait and see.:sad:
I'll let you know when I get mine. I ordered in Dec. '06, but will probably end up with an '08
Old 04-06-2007, 05:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm secretly spying you edubreuil. I ordered a Rescue Green Rubicon Unlimited with both tops, electrical convenience and towing package on February 14th, It goes to BX in the first week but didn't move since. Your will probably get build before mine. I'm not calling anymore to get my order status... to discouraging. I'll wait to see what will happend with your!
Old 05-06-2007, 09:02 AM
JK Newbie

hello from midland ontario im wondering how to check my order staus ive been reading posts in this form and you fellows seem to be abel to check on your order status can someone tell how to do this thanks
Old 05-06-2007, 09:43 AM
JK Freak

Smile

Blackbear, check this link out. Papabear

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/check-status-your-jeep-jk-wrangler-order-status-codes-161/

Quick Reply: 2008 production to start July 23rd...?