Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2008 production to start July 23rd...?

Old 03-27-2007, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 production to start July 23rd...?

Can anyone else confirm this? I didn't see it posted anywhere on this site.

Milous on another site usually seems to have good information. His primary interest is the Grand Cherokee however. But according to him, you will be able to place a order starting June 11th for August delivery.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:33 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

July 17th is the cut off date for most auto manufacturers for the 'next' model year.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2008

any good changes that i should be waiting for?

that and the winning lottery ticket...
Old 03-28-2007, 09:38 AM
JK Junkie

If you were holding out for a Hemi or diesel option, sucks to be you, you should've ordered an '07, because you're stuck with the good ol' 3.8L like the rest of us!

There will be some minor changes, according to some "supposed" insiders:
  • For 2-door models, the seatbelt will be mounted differently to make backseat access easier.
  • For 2-door models, some change will be made to the seat bracket on the passenger side, allowing for easier backseat access
  • Detonator Yellow will be an available paint color
  • Graystone paint choice goes buh-bye.
  • MPG ratings on window stickers will be revised down from 16/19 to 14/18(!)
  • All of the problems you've been reading about on the forums will be discontinued from the factory, to reward all of you who chose to wait for the '08 models (NOT!!!)

Really, you're not going to see TOO much in the way of changes. They may also reconfigure/eliminate some of the bundled options packages that are currently offered... I think that the X model is going to lose one of its 3 option packages. They MAY play around with materials a bit, to try to lower production costs while improving certain other aspects... So, you may end up with some indestructible interior plastic, but you may also end up with stamped (paperclip metal / bubble-gum foil wrapper) axles to offset the cost.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:31 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Grant211
Some very valid points made, but nothing is concrete just yet. Heck, they might make the gladiator. Who knows!

http://www.automobilemag.com/future_...eep_gladiator/
I know that just about everyone wants the Gladiator to see production (and you all probably want a diesel in it, too... well, no soup for you!), but keep in mind that the Gladiator was created to showcase the sheetmetal and interior design that was then incorporated into the JK... also, from a corporate cannibalism standpoint, there'd be no sense in DCX creating a vehicle that would likely steal 80-90% of the current (poor) marketshare from its already paltry-selling Dakota pickup...

Now, the Trailhawk, on the other hand, stands a much more serious chance of seeing production... though not as a 2008 model. It's underpinnings are shared with the JK 4-door, and it'd be offered as a more "upscale" model that would sticker for considerably more than the JK (and really wouldn't cost DCX much more than a JK to produce). In fact, the Trailhawk was supposedly a proof-of-concept study to demonstrate that the JK platform could be leveraged with some borrowing from the Mercedes-Benz parts bin, into a feasible "luxury" offroad vehicle. It would probably slot somewhere near the Grand Cherokee in price, but would offer more off-road bang for the buck, to differentiate it as an "offroad-biased" model enough that the models would be viable stablemates without cancelling out one another's sales...

Sorry for the novel...
Old 03-28-2007, 10:49 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Grant211
no worries about the novel.

the bottom line is - we all have to wait and see.:sad:
Yup, more waiting, if you can believe such a thing.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool 2008

more waiting?!

UGH!

just fix the roof, paper thin sheet metal, and dash made of cardboard, and maybe I will buy one!

also; make the mygig use a real hard drive like 120 gigs or 350 gigs!

and, while I'm at it...

include a 3" long arm lift, with triangulated front and rear setups, and run it on 37s...

at no cost to the consumer...

ohh, and a 50,000 mile warrenty.

that is all.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:06 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
more waiting?!

UGH!

just fix the roof, paper thin sheet metal, and dash made of cardboard, and maybe I will buy one!

and, while I'm at it...

include a 3" long arm lift, with triangulated front and rear setups, and run it on 37s...

that is all.
You're sure letting 'em off easy with your list of demands... if they're going to give you 350 GB, why not also integrate a PS3 or Xbox 360 into the dash, along with a 48" flatscreen plasma mounted across the ceiling of the Freedom Top's rear panel? Pimp yo' ride, baby!
Old 03-28-2007, 12:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
more waiting?!

UGH!

and, while I'm at it...

that is all.
Oh yeah, that's all. Just some minor adjustments.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Like I mentioned at the top of this thread, Milous has always had good info. He has a great site w/ lots of info on wk's.

And while looking over that info he came across the start up dates etc. for the JK. He also said there was no diesel listed for North America. And no 4.0L.

But he also said no Rescue Green which we now have heard will be back by popular demand. And he didn't mention Detonator Yellow either. So we can still keep our fingers crossed but with the good sales why would they change things this quick. Oh well, IMO we will get a different engine but I don't think it will be in 08.

MyGig I have read, you have to be in park to use POI feature and DVD. (?)
Not good. But safe.

Quick Reply: 2008 production to start July 23rd...?