Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2008 or 2009?

Old 12-13-2008, 08:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely go with the 09. Since the JK is still a relatively new design, there are bound to be some kinks to be ironed out and I am sure at least some have been since 07. The new design on the freedom panels is much less likely to leak. I know because I had a defective 08 right freedom panel. It was replaced with the new version which is the design used on the 09s and subsequently I havent had one leak or have it fill up with water. Chrysler knew there were screwed up so it is most likey the first thing they dealt with in redesign. Another thing they have done is make the hand screws for the hardtop shorter since the original ones were too long and punctured thru some of the hardtops like mine. I had mine replaced due to puncturing it. The point is that every year a design is out it is perfected. Look at the TJ's for example, they were almost perfect by 2006, night and day better than the 1996 version. Good luck. Hope this helps!
Old 12-13-2008, 09:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the idea of a "new improved" '09 JK. But I also like the idea of any kind of rebate and in addition with the state of the economy you might be able to swing a fantastic deal since dealers are desperate to make sales now. I would see what the best deal is that you can swing and see if the $$$ difference is worth it on an '08. Then make a decision.

Quick Reply: 2008 or 2009?