Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2 dr fold and tumble passenger seat

Old 07-06-2009, 06:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2 dr fold and tumble passenger seat

Does anyone know of any vendors that are working on a fold and tumble seat frame like the TJ's have for the passenger seat, I am thinking of trading up to a 4 dr to make it easier for my daughter to get in the back seat. I would be pissed to trade up and then someone come out with a fold and tumble option a couple months later. If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Wheelerbob
Does anyone know of any vendors that are working on a fold and tumble seat frame like the TJ's have for the passenger seat, I am thinking of trading up to a 4 dr to make it easier for my daughter to get in the back seat. I would be pissed to trade up and then someone come out with a fold and tumble option a couple months later. If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated.
I thought there was a problem with the 07 seat that was fixed on the 08. I traded my 05 unlimited for a 4 door because even with the seat sliding forward it still was a hassle to get out of.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by davidwm71
I thought there was a problem with the 07 seat that was fixed on the 08. I traded my 05 unlimited for a 4 door because even with the seat sliding forward it still was a hassle to get out of.
All they did is move the mounting point, it is still very difficult to get in the back for an average sized person, my daughter is only 10 but she is already 4'10". I can see this being an issue in the future.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:34 PM
JK Super Freak

All they did is move the mounting point, it is still very difficult to get in the back for an average sized person, my daughter is only 10 but she is already 4'10". I can see this being an issue in the future.
My daughter is now 12 and I got the 4 door 2 years ago. Looks like you're following in my footsteps... time for a 4 door.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:09 PM
JK Freak

UPDATE!!! I said screw it and went and bought a 09 4dr x today. I pick it up on monday, I have the task of switching mine back to stock tomorrow
Old 07-12-2009, 07:31 PM
JK Super Freak

UPDATE!!! I said screw it and went and bought a 09 4dr x today. I pick it up on monday, I have the task of switching mine back to stock tomorrow
I remember switching mine back to stock. Even wrapped the soft top up as it was from the factory and put on my hardtop. Turns out I could have kept one of the tops and they wouldd't have changed the trade in value. When I traded it in my 05 looked like a brand new Jeep. Everything was flawless and it only had 9900 on the odometer. And of course AFTER trading it in EVERYONE said they would have paid me more for it. I didn't want to chance owning 2 Jeeps ( actually I wouldn't have minded that but the 2 payments would have been a little rough ).

Also... An added benefit was that the 4 door is the best driving Jeep I have ever had. I don't offroad all the time but I do my share and I never noticed the length to be a problem ( I don't do much rock crawling ). I do however notice the width alot more ( read: pine pinstripes ) but in your case you're already used to the width.

Last edited by davidwm71; 07-12-2009 at 07:34 PM.

Quick Reply: 2 dr fold and tumble passenger seat