Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2 Door vs. 4 Door

Old 05-14-2008, 12:44 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeep81
Get 4dr is better in the long term, more space and in a straight line on the highway.
what does a straight line have to do with it?
Old 05-15-2008, 07:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did notice that it seems like the 4 door is more stable at highway speeds, but the 2 door seems much more maneuverable. I know my wife is thinking that she may want a JK too, so maybe in a few years she can get a 4 door, and just get the 2 door for now.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both are great and have there good points. I went with the 4 door and I am happy that I did. Hauling friends around is fun in a jeep a 4 door just makes it easy. The extra space is great you will use it if you have it just works that way. I had a single cab truck traded it in for a x-cab, had more crap in the back, kept the truck and bought a 4 door 1 ton same thing happened things just pile up there still. Bought the jeep and the space stays clean and doors off 50% of the time but it is fun to have the space. I still love the 2 doors coming from the time thats all there were to drive I have loved playing with jeeps and working on them, my wallets of the past hate them thou. So a 2 door and a 4 door are going to cost you the same later.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Littlejon
I did notice that it seems like the 4 door is more stable at highway speeds, but the 2 door seems much more maneuverable. I know my wife is thinking that she may want a JK too, so maybe in a few years she can get a 4 door, and just get the 2 door for now.
I'd say the number one reason for most of us that have a 4DR is kids, plain & simple. If you think you may have kids at some time while you own the Jeep, get the 4DR. A 2DR of any type is a real pain since kids will always be getting in the back.

Before we had kids, other adults may have ridden with us once a week MAX, so it was no big deal.

So, if you figure on getting a new one once you have kids, & don't need the storage space, get the 2DR.

One last thing... boy the half doors look good!

Quick Reply: 2 Door vs. 4 Door