Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2 door hard top ski racks

Old 11-09-2009, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 door hard top ski racks

hey guys i just bought a set of karhu team 100 skis and i cant fit them in the back of my jeep. i am looking for a roof rack. i am to fond of getting the ones that connect to the rain gutters. dont really trust them with a 1000 dollar pair of skis. just wondering if people have drilled and mounted something in the rear section of the hard top. would like some pictures and a brief writeup if u dont mind. thanks for all the help.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are write-ups in the write-up section. The search button is your friend.

There are also manufacturers that make racks just for the JK.

Gobi makes a hardmount rack - mounts to the body, I believe.

MBRP (a sponsor here) makes a VERY slick rack that mounts to the freedom top. I know that it fits 4 doors, not 100% sure about 2 doors.

Google is also your friend. It will help you find many things.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rubijksilver
hey guys i just bought a set of karhu team 100 skis and i cant fit them in the back of my jeep. I am looking for a roof rack. I am to fond of getting the ones that connect to the rain gutters. Dont really trust them with a 1000 dollar pair of skis. Just wondering if people have drilled and mounted something in the rear section of the hard top. Would like some pictures and a brief writeup if u dont mind. Thanks for all the help.

mbrp - awesome
Old 11-10-2009, 02:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go with the MBRP rack, it looks like it will accept most fittings for various toys rather that a specific ski rack and it looks great too.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mariner
go with the MBRP rack, it looks like it will accept most fittings for various toys rather that a specific ski rack and it looks great too.
x2

Quick Reply: 2 door hard top ski racks