Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

15'wheels on jk

Old 01-11-2010, 02:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 15'wheels on jk

Does anybody know if a 15' wheel will fit on the jk's I have 17' now but my step son got rid of his yj with 33 inch bf 's all terain with little tread wear and wants me to have them. I know i need to get wheel spacers but do not know if they will fit around the breaks
Old 01-11-2010, 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Q: Will 15" Wheels Fit on my JK?
A: Most steel ones will fit without any problems and depending on the thickness of the wheel most aluminum ones will as well. The only thing you really need to make sure is that the wheel clears the brake calipers.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/half-door-no-freedom-sunrider-top-174/

Hope this helps, there is alot of information on here reguarding this subject but you have to spend quite a bit of time on the search. i'm sure some one here will chime in with the search thing.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:00 PM
JK Newbie

I have 15" Mickey Thompson Classic II's on my unlimited JK and have had no problem, they fit fine right out of the box. They have 3.3 backspacing.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:11 PM
JK Jedi

Yeah......from what we've seen, it seems to vary from wheel to wheel, even in the same make and model. A little more weld here or there on one wheel over the other can make all the difference. At least you have the option of trying them on.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have 15" crager soft 8 and they fit with a spacer. I know I know spacers are not good, but they will have to work for now.

Quick Reply: 15'wheels on jk