Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

which '12 would you choose?

Old 10-11-2011, 08:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rnjstel
Hi,

I was reading your thread and just had to post since I stay in Ramsey frequently (and actually at the Homewood suites off 17S now). I had to ask how is it that Ramsey Jeep/Chrysler doesn't have what you want? I think they are one of the largest Jeep dealers in Jersey.

Those guys are great and have a metric ass-load of 2012's in stock. After a 5 state search, I was working with them for getting a 2012 Rubi as our 2nd jeep but, ended up finding the stripper 2012 Rubi I wanted oddly right next to my Corp HQ back in Maryland which literally just came off the truck from Toledo. I wasn't really looking at sports but, was amazed at the amount they had when most other dealers had only a few.

They do have a nice 2012 Sahara Tan JKU Rubi with the full Trailer Tow package that I saw on their lot this morning!

Good luck to you!
yesterday when i asked the same question they told me that it is their policy is that they only order 3.21's unless special ordered because it is rare that anybody wants anything larger. they think that since its a wealthy, yuppy area that everybody just wants mall crawlers which is the majority of what you see. they tried to talk me out of the 3.73 saying that they 3.21 is plenty and since its a 6mt ill be fine. i called bs. they "learned in the 2012 seminar" that 3.21 can tow 2k lbs and rock 35's lol. im putting most of my energy toward rt 46 jeep.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by notsoricer
yesterday when i asked the same question they told me that it is their policy is that they only order 3.21's unless special ordered because it is rare that anybody wants anything larger. they think that since its a wealthy, yuppy area that everybody just wants mall crawlers which is the majority of what you see. they tried to talk me out of the 3.73 saying that they 3.21 is plenty and since its a 6mt ill be fine. i called bs. they "learned in the 2012 seminar" that 3.21 can tow 2k lbs and rock 35's lol. im putting most of my energy toward rt 46 jeep.
Hi,

That really sucks and I had no idea about what options they are stocking for the Sports.

If you are still hitting a wall and don't mind the trip past Trenton, check Reedman Toll just across the border in Pennsy as they have a bunch too. You can also go onto Jeep's website and open a large search radius of ones in stock and try to pair those down to what you want through the "view window sticker" tab.

BTW, on one of your earlier posts you had the question about going from a Sport Coupe to a Wrangler. Don't miss them for a second. I have always had a V-8 Mustang or something for over 30 years. I was so juiced about the new 3.6 that when I found this Rubi, I kept our beloved 08 X and unloaded my 2010 Super Track Pack 6 Speed Challenger R/T. I still have an older GT Convertible (just a 2 valve 4.6 car nothing special) that we use as a "beater" when my wife doesn't want to take one of the JK's but, it mostly sits.

Night and day world of fun awaits you. Plus, you don't have that mindset of always having to "go" when some gumby pants fool in his "weapon R" "vtec that shitz hot yo" fart can bottom feeding eco-shit box pulls up next to you at light when you are just minding your own business. Although the 3.6, especially with a 4:10 and manual will really F with their head leaving a light if you want to

Good luck to you, you'll love it once you get it
Old 10-12-2011, 09:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rnjstel
Hi,

That really sucks and I had no idea about what options they are stocking for the Sports.

If you are still hitting a wall and don't mind the trip past Trenton, check Reedman Toll just across the border in Pennsy as they have a bunch too. You can also go onto Jeep's website and open a large search radius of ones in stock and try to pair those down to what you want through the "view window sticker" tab.

BTW, on one of your earlier posts you had the question about going from a Sport Coupe to a Wrangler. Don't miss them for a second. I have always had a V-8 Mustang or something for over 30 years. I was so juiced about the new 3.6 that when I found this Rubi, I kept our beloved 08 X and unloaded my 2010 Super Track Pack 6 Speed Challenger R/T. I still have an older GT Convertible (just a 2 valve 4.6 car nothing special) that we use as a "beater" when my wife doesn't want to take one of the JK's but, it mostly sits.

Night and day world of fun awaits you. Plus, you don't have that mindset of always having to "go" when some gumby pants fool in his "weapon R" "vtec that shitz hot yo" fart can bottom feeding eco-shit box pulls up next to you at light when you are just minding your own business. Although the 3.6, especially with a 4:10 and manual will really F with their head leaving a light if you want to

Good luck to you, you'll love it once you get it
yea its not cool that they dont have a wider variety but i guess since the car is so new they are grabbing what they can get their hands on. those 2 dealerships are the only ones stocking 6mt's out of any other place in 25 miles. i wouldnt mind taking the trip, my sister lives in philly so i can always cop a couch for a night if i had to. thanks for the idea

thanks for the reassurance that im not jumping into the jeep world too abruptly without easing my way into a wrangler lol. i love when those vtechs come up next to me and "floor" it thinking that im actually going to try to beat them out. or when they are trying to compare our motors and telling me that "when my vtech cracks, ill walk right past you" lol. ive had 3 infiniti coups in a row and never intended to have a race car but tastefully modified them to make them sound and move just the way i want. but with that said, no civic or integra has every "walked" past me. last week a new civic si tried racing me on rt 287 and i was bored so i gave in and it felt like he was in park when i downshifted haha. but i need to slow down and start enjoying driving for what it is and having more options that just going fast.

Quick Reply: which '12 would you choose?