Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

110 mpg green Jeep concept

Old 01-17-2008, 04:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthVan-JK
...Jeep suggests its 'minimised' two-seater is meant for all-weather fun rock-crawling or dune-surfing. With its four-wheel drive system supplemented by electric motors powering each axle it should be very capable at both...
Show me...I want to see it on the trails.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:01 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by benmar2000
I agree.. I have always wondered why car makers don't to what trains do.. Use a diesel to power electric motors.. It is more efficient.. And think about it.. 4 electric motors at each wheel.. You could control your rig a lot easier..
Exactly. Think about the current TCS. Instead of pumping the brakes on the slipping wheel, just drop current to that motor and send more to the wheels that aren't slipping.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Personally, I wouldn't mind something like this as a DD. I'd prefer a more "Jeep" look to it, and maybe a roof, but I'd be interested. So far it seems to be the best high mileage concept out there. As ugly as it may be, I'd still rather drive that in its current form than a Prius.

Besides, my biggest complaint (and pretty much only complaint,) with my Jk is the range on one tank of gas. I'm less concerned about the MPGs and would just like to get farther than 250 on a tank. The renegade would sure do that.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karth
I still don't understand why people hate on this so much
No hate....just don't care for the design.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

If something like this actually came to production it wouldn't look like that, or achieve those numbers. It'd be toned down in every way to make it affordable, attractive to Jeep fans (boxyer), and practical (more cargo room and a roof).
Old 01-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Former Member

I was going to post a little while back that I've seen the new G. M. pickup powertrain as a 4 wheel drive Hybrid.
V8 gas based and electric drive tied into the tranny.
It's a real sweet design but like all the rest of the vehicles doing this,it's a band-aid solution to a problem. The actions of developing countries of the world will increasingly create pollution faster than we could ever counteract.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hiteck
No hate....just don't care for the design.

Hmm; I'll go ahead and say I hate it. This is Jeep only as an after thought...aside from the grille and paint, they could have used any branding; why choose Jeep? Let's save the Jeep name for the Dakars, Rescues and Hurricanes of the world.

Oh yeah, and if there is ever a situation where I am away from home and I unexpectedly need a pair of scuba tanks, I will eat my words.

Incidentally, I liked the design better when I was 16 and it was called the Pontiac Stinger.

Last edited by bmcollier; 01-17-2008 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Honestly, to me it looks ike a convertible Geo Metro with the Jeep Logo on it.

Geo Metro

Jeep Renegade

Old 01-21-2008, 11:41 AM
Fallen Hero

WOW I agree
Old 01-28-2008, 04:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DanW
It's all personal opinion. Personally, I don't like the lack of a roof. And the available storage? Big deal, it holds 2 scuba tanks. Where the heck could I put a fly rod?
If ya have to ask, you probably wouldn't enjoy the answer.

Quick Reply: 110 mpg green Jeep concept