Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

10 Top 2011 "Cars" With Problems

Old 12-16-2011, 12:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10 Top 2011 "Cars" With Problems

So As soon as i saw the title of the article i knew the JK was going to be on the list.
For one that is a title a non vehicle enthusiast would write. Normal people categorize vehilce problems with either safety failures or reliability. Many of the vehilces on the list, like a Friggin Cadillac Escalde are on the list due to fuel economy. Obviously if someone is going to buy a land yaht they dont care about economy. Also anyone who buys a Wrangler and cries about fuel economy can't read a window sticker. WHATEVER.

Well, they didn't rank them but just threw them into a general pile. You'll notice however that its not really saying anything bad about the JK or at least nothing that people haven't known since 2007.
About the safety, has he not seen pictures of JKs in accidents? I think he doesn't have any real knowledge of the vehicles this guy rates, just what he hears online.

If he knew anything about JK "problems" that would have been his article; overheating, ball joints, leaky tops, etc.

the link: http://www.thestreet.com/story/11330...-problems.html

Heres the quote:
Jeep Wrangler
The Jeep Wrangler starts at $22,000 and gets 15/19 mpg.Whatever anybody says about, the Wrangler has been a popular utility vehicle. In November, sales rose 41%, to 9,225. For the full year, sales are up 29%, to 111,045."Not every car on this list is a sales flop," Healey said. "But the 2011 Wrangler had poor fuel economy and was underpowered with a V6, and its safety was subpar. The 2012 model has a better engine and a new interior."

Last edited by Bucko; 12-16-2011 at 01:37 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds like another writer not knowing the subject they are writing about. For example, "The 2012 model has a better engine and a new interior.". In this case, the 2011 and 2012 have the same basic interior. Yes, we all know the motor and transmission have been upgraded, thus making the only real major difference between the two years. Also, I'm sure they have never owned a Jeep, and as such would not understand the magic behind it!
Old 12-16-2011, 04:43 AM
JK Super Freak

This article is weak sauce. Wrangler, low mpg and underpowered 3.8L? Really?
Old 12-16-2011, 05:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By advertising the JK as a tank, Jeep can keep the image they want for the Wrangler and lets say 1% of the owners really offroad it beyond its capabilities and damages something, Jeep will deny the warranty because of the abuse.

Jeeps keeps selling the Wrangler as fast as thet can produce it and doesn't really spends much in warranty claims. Its a win win for them.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

You just have to keep in mind most writers/journalists live in big cities where driving anything... ESPECIALLY an offroad vehicle with poor mileage... is considered a treasonist act against the environment. Maybe we'll all get lucky and a bunch of them will take a cross country trip in "smart cars" (those 'cars' smaller then motorcycles) and will encounter a deer at 80mph. We'll see how they like those deathboxes then.

My wife drives a JK and never offroads it. She loves it because it's relatively compact (2 dr) and I love it because it's built like a tank and can take a hit if some moron runs into it. There's lots of reasons to own a JK not just for offroading.

Last edited by BigMAK1; 12-16-2011 at 05:43 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Dont waste your time reading this article. When I read something called top 10 cars with problems I expect to find things like mechinical failure, engine failure, things breaking. Not "it gets poor gas mileage" I dont expect to read about something that when buying you knew about. Problems to me would be something that I had no idea about that I now have to fix.

Everyone knew the gas mileage of a Jeep when they bought it, they knew the engine that was in it. If you didn't like what you were getting then you shouldnt have bought one.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigMAK1
You just have to keep in mind most writers/journalists live in big cities where driving anything... ESPECIALLY an offroad vehicle with poor mileage... is considered a treasonist act against the environment. Maybe we'll all get lucky and a bunch of them will take a cross country trip in "smart cars" (those 'cars' smaller then motorcycles) and will encounter a deer at 80mph. We'll see how they like those deathboxes then.

My wife drives a JK and never offroads it. She loves it because it's relatively compact (2 dr) and I love it because it's built like a tank and can take a hit if some moron runs into it. There's lots of reasons to own a JK not just for offroading.
I was reading other articles on that site and they are all horribly written. It seems that with the internet, journalism has been downgraded to what ever you can barf out of your brain. If I baby my JKU i can get 18mpg, not bad for an 'suv' bread from an old engine design with 4X4 drive line.

Originally Posted by nathanmares
Dont waste your time reading this article. When I read something called top 10 cars with problems I expect to find things like mechinical failure, engine failure, things breaking. Not "it gets poor gas mileage" I dont expect to read about something that when buying you knew about. Problems to me would be something that I had no idea about that I now have to fix.

Everyone knew the gas mileage of a Jeep when they bought it, they knew the engine that was in it. If you didn't like what you were getting then you shouldnt have bought one.

I was half tempted to not even post the link cause i didn't think it was worth the click. Its funny because other people will formulate an idea based on someone else's lack of knowledge. But then i decided to post this thread cause i found it so bad that it was funny.

There is nothing new in his statement that wasn't said 5 years ago. ='s FAIL!

Quick Reply: 10 Top 2011 "Cars" With Problems