Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

08 parts don't fit an 09

Old 07-14-2009, 06:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 08 parts don't fit an 09

I just bought an 09 unlimited, before I traded in my 08 2dr I took all my good stuff off. I started reinstalling today and found that the Ruged Ridge mirror relocate brackets won't fit, the 09 mirror is made different and the stem on the mirror is to narrow and falls through the top of the bracket, this way the mirror rests on the plastic, I had to add 1/2' nuts on the inside of the brackets to take up the space, I got them on but I'm not happy with them at all. Second problem, I went to Install my Ruged Ridge XHD shorty and found that they must have made the front frame a little shorter because the bumper went back far enough to touch the grill when tight. I had to space out the bumper by using 3/4" nuts that measure 5/8" thick in between the bumper and frame. Has anyone else had any problems like this.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have both the mirror brackets and front bumper. I didn't have any problems with either on my '09
Old 07-14-2009, 07:12 PM
JK Newbie

I have the bumper on my 09.....no issues
Old 07-15-2009, 01:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just changed my stock bumper to a warn and under the stock bumper i had some shims about 1/2 thick.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:10 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dubya
Did your RR brackets come with the plastic inserts to wrap around the mirror? They state in the instructions that there is a difference between model years.

Take a look at page 4 of the instructions. They should send you some out for free. If not, I might still have mine in my tool box at home, and I'll send them out to ya for free.

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/86728.pdf
You were right about the sleeves, seems acording to the directions Chrysler changed the mirrors sometime late in the 08 model year, still no answer on the bumper yet. I contacted Rugged Ridge but have not gotten a reply yet.

Quick Reply: 08 parts don't fit an 09