Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

08 23s package...( ? )

Old 10-04-2007, 01:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kuba
i ordered a 08 24s (pretty much same thing except auto trans) and i had to pay extra for hooks and fog lights, they are no longer part of the S package. fog lights were about $100 and hooks were about $75 (could be wrong about lights, might have been 125). and yes my dealer said it did come with floor mats.
Weird...I bought an '08 off the lot that included the "Customer Preferred 24S (auto trans also) Package" for $1540. This is all that was included, as shown on the window sticker...

Goodyear Brand Tires
Deep Tint Sunscreen Windows
Speed Control
Leather-wrapped Steering Wheel
Temperature and Compass Gauge
P245/75R16 BSW On-/Off Road Tires
16" Aluminum Wheels
Fog Lamps
Front and Rear Floor Mats
Two Front Tow Hooks and One Rear Tow Hook
Old 10-04-2007, 08:33 PM
JK Newbie

Default 23s no hooks or fog lights

Ordered 08/22/07 2008 Wrangler X to replace my 07 Wrangler X 2 door Lemon. (A whole 'nother story)
My 07 23s included hooks and fogs. At the time I ordered the 08 replacement, the 23s did NOT include hooks and fogs, we had to order them separately.
The new 08 has just come in (waiting on paper work to do the swap) and it has the hooks and fogs but I haven't seen the window sticker yet to tell you if they are listed separately. I would bet that they are though.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just picked up an '08 X with the 23S on Tuesday. It does not have the fogs or tow hooks.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:16 PM
JK Newbie

Default 08 24S package

I guess the 23s package took out the hooks and lights but I looked at a lot of window stickers on the Jeep site for the 24S package (local dealers) and it looks like some are priced at $1540 for the 24s package that include the lights and hooks, Some show the 24s package for $1395 and the lights and hooks are included under the automatic part of the listing?????

Last edited by Stucktj; 10-10-2007 at 02:30 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:33 AM
JK Newbie

Has anyone ordered an "S" package in the last week or so? I noticed that the "Build My Own" section of the Jeep site shows the "S" package as including 17-inch wheels and tires now. However, the "Specs/Upgrades" portion of the site still lists the 16-inch wheels and tires. Hmmm...
Old 11-01-2007, 10:49 AM
JK Junkie

When i bought my 07 jk they listed the 17 inch rims and tires seperately from the 23s package on the window sticker.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:12 PM
JK Newbie

I also noticed on one of the inventory Jeeps at one of the local dealers that it also lists 17" wheels and tires under the S Package. Hmmm...

**EDIT** I confirmed this weekend that the 17-inch wheels and tires are now part of the S Package. So it looks like they dropped the tow hooks and fogs and added the larger wheels and tires.

Last edited by Ridebreck; 11-05-2007 at 07:46 AM.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:35 PM
JK Newbie

Ok, here's another weird one: can anyone confirm whether the tow hooks and fog lamps have been very recently added back to the S package - I'm talking like in the last week or so? I ordered an Unlimted X with 24S, Sirius, Tow Package, Tow Hooks, and Fog Lights. The Tow Hooks and Fog Lights no longer show up on my order sheet. The sales manager at my dealer told me on Saturday that his system is showing the Fog Lights as part of the 24S package, but he's trying to confirm whether the Tow Hooks are as well. I've checked the Build My Own section of the Jeep Site and those two options no longer show up.

Does the S Package contents change every two weeks or something? I really would like tow hooks in place from the factory. The fogs I'm not as worried about, since I can buy aftermarket fog lights for roughly the same price as what Jeep charges.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ridebreck
Ok, here's another weird one: can anyone confirm whether the tow hooks and fog lamps have been very recently added back to the S package - I'm talking like in the last week or so? I ordered an Unlimted X with 24S, Sirius, Tow Package, Tow Hooks, and Fog Lights. The Tow Hooks and Fog Lights no longer show up on my order sheet. The sales manager at my dealer told me on Saturday that his system is showing the Fog Lights as part of the 24S package, but he's trying to confirm whether the Tow Hooks are as well. I've checked the Build My Own section of the Jeep Site and those two options no longer show up.

Does the S Package contents change every two weeks or something? I really would like tow hooks in place from the factory. The fogs I'm not as worried about, since I can buy aftermarket fog lights for roughly the same price as what Jeep charges.
I don't think they ever got removed from the 24S...only the 23S (6-spd)...no idea why...
Old 11-12-2007, 05:58 PM
JK Newbie

Default more info

Just got mine about 2 weeks ago. I have tow hooks and lights but they are listed under the Automatic transmission.

Quick Reply: 08 23s package...( ? )