Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

08 23s package...( ? )

Old 09-10-2007, 12:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Capown
the 07 ijust got has the 23 package supposedly whats all entailed with this package?
The '07 23S pkg (jeep.com)
Unlimited X S Pkg.

This package contains the following features:

Engines
- 3.8L Sequential Multi-Port Injection V6 Engine has 205hp and 240ft-lb of torque

Transmissions
- 6-speed manual transmission

Additional Features
- Deep tint sunscreen windows
- Temperature and compass gauge
- Fog lamps
- Speed control
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- 2 front tow hooks and 1 rear tow hook

Wheels
- 16" aluminum wheels

Tires
- P245/75R16 Black Side Wall on-/off-road tires
Old 09-10-2007, 06:11 PM
JK Newbie

Ok ordered mine on 8-8-07 with the 24c @ $0, then changed to the 24s @ $1395 on 8-21-07 at that time the dealer said that I would not get the fogs or hooks he put them on for another $120 /$50. I wonder if there were a number of 07 24s packages left over that included the lights and hooks thats why some Jeep seem to be getting them? Just a thought.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I picked my Rescue Green Rubicon Unlimited up today. It had fog lights, tow hooks and the mats as standard. No rear hook because I got the tow package.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the fogs and hooks are no longer part of the S package then I see no need for it. The only parts of the package I was interested in were the fogs, hooks, and deep tint windows. If all of those can be added separately, then I can get them without the other crap I don't care about... assuming Jeep ever updates their site to let us build & price an '08.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:53 AM
JK Freak

boy guys, that really sucks they have stopped with the fogs and hooks. Price-cutting at its best. I mean, they have increased the price of the JK at least two times that I am aware of since I bought mine (Early Feb 0'7) and they are deleting package items now?

On the bright side, if you don't get the fogs, you won't have to worry about the "I paid for them, so I gotta keep 'em" attitude when shopping for front bumpers. After all, there aren't too many bumpers that integrate the factory fogs. And in my opinion, the best looking one (Shrockworks stubby with winch hoop) does not.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:19 PM
JK Newbie

There seems to be a misunderstanding here in this thread on which packages and vehicles are getting or not getting fogs and hooks. Let me just say, I placed an order with my local dealer last week for a Unlimited X Manual transmission with a 23"S" package. The 23S is the only package affected by the new "change" - not the 24S. The 24S package is for the auto transmission only and still comes with fogs and hooks. The 23s package (for manual transmission) no longer comes with fogs and hooks.

Also, the price has gone down on the 23S package - you guessed it, about the price of the fogs and hooks.

To further complicate matters, the Jeep ordering system (dealer computer) last week would not allow you to order fogs and hooks as an option, if the 23S package was also choosen.

My dealer cancelled my order and called his Jeep business rep. The rep said that their ordering system is not functioning correctly as the items (fogs and hooks) were removed from the 23S package and have not been added to the option list yet. Something about the front bumpers were undergoing a renumbering and the computer system is not up to date. He said he would personally track future orders placed and add the fogs and hooks (as an option) to the order of any vehicle getting the 23S package and wanting those items. To date, my dealer has still not placed my order as they want further notification in writing. They are still waiting.

I hope this clarify s what is going on. Please don't confuse the 23S package for the 08's (manual) with the 24S package (auto and including fogs and hooks)

Last edited by Turk; 09-17-2007 at 05:21 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Turk,

Absolutely correct. As noted earlier, the 23s pkg dropped to 1395, so, I'm no longer worried about it. The dealer said they would "eat" the labor, if I bought the parts, but, I'm not interested. Until I brought this up, including the day I first called, his info sheet SHOWED the fogs and hooks!!! But hell, if I didn't pay for 'em, I'm not gonna' push it!
Old 09-18-2007, 09:39 AM
JK Freak

I did actually know that the 24s was for the auto and the 23s for the manual. I ordered mine and went through all the options and codes. I did, however, presume that the auto (24s) S pkg was also affected.

That truly is stupid that you can get the fogs and hooks with an auto but not with a manual with the equivalent S pkgs. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:53 AM
JK Junkie

why would they remove them from one package and not the other?
Old 09-18-2007, 10:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Ohhhh

OHHHH ok, i thought the 23s package meant 23" rims!!! good thing that's not an option!!!

Quick Reply: 08 23s package...( ? )