Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

08 23s package...( ? )

Old 08-29-2007, 12:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by featherz
My dealer says of my jeep that came in today with 23S 'no fogs or hooks'.
and remind everyone when you placed your order.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you go to the Jeep website and build one right now...the summary sheet has hooks and fogs on it, and the 4.10 rear...I am sorry, but I will recieve what I both ordered and paid for...even if I have to sit there and watch them add it to my rig in person. No dissapointment here, trust me.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I noticed later that the price dropped on that pkg....it was only $1395 on my window sticker.

So, they saved $175 worth of options, charged $100 less, and threw in some $10 floor mats

Last edited by dmerc; 08-29-2007 at 01:03 PM.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:04 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by OBXEngineer
If you go to the Jeep website and build one right now...the summary sheet has hooks and fogs on it, and the 4.10 rear...I am sorry, but I will recieve what I both ordered and paid for...even if I have to sit there and watch them add it to my rig in person. No dissapointment here, trust me.
its a fact that jeep.com has not been updated. they still have "build my own 2007 jeep wrangler" as the header.

i believe you will get your fogs/hooks after the fact. i plan on demanding the typical buyers freebies as well.

but it might not be so easy to convince the dealer to install the 4.10s. sure, they are a $50 option, but the install will cost a bit more.

good luck with your venture.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:14 PM
JK Newbie

I will probably need all the luck I can get with this dealer...not realy the sharpest tool, or nicest guy either, I just got off the phone with DC and they really could'nt tell me much on this either, other than the fact that I will have to work it out with the dealer and re-negotiate the purchase if need be, guess it helps I am a foot taller than the dealer huh...lol
Old 08-29-2007, 02:36 PM
JK Newbie

Told my wife.....it's either fogs and hooks OR I take my deposit back and get my vehicle some place else. I just found a dealer that will offer me a price 300.00 below what I have for a deal with the current dealer. Figure this guy will throw in the fogs and hooks or at least split the cost with me so I still save money on the deal.
I was planning on talking face to face with my dealer today but had a emergency call from my daughter so I need to go help her out. Guess I'll be going over to the dealer tomorrow after work and getting this problem resolved now before the vehicle even arrives. Maybe they'll update the order since it doesn't have a VIN number yet and have DC install the stuff. Also need to talk to him about a 3.5 lift package to see where they stand on honoring the warranty with a lift. If it's a no good on either one......I might have to consider backing out of it.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:14 PM
JK Newbie

Funny, I had the same conversation with my wife tonight at dinner....maybe I will end up with a rubi after all...thought I had built one pretty close, I wasn't interested in the electronic sway... but I will be pulling 1800lbs of jet ski's with her and need the 4.10's and the 44 rear... I feel like cutting a tree down in the back with a pocket knife right about now.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:33 PM
JK Newbie

Update to dinner conversation...I have found a Black 2d Rubi with everything I had ordered on the 08...- the hardtop @ a local dealership, guess where I will be tomorrow. I can't believe I have let this get under my skin so bad...anyway, depending on tomorrow, I may have to change our signature.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:56 PM
JK Newbie

Ya thats what I'm thinking the 3.73s wont help if I want 33"s and pull my popup around. May find out how much for the dealer to put in 4.10s. Should have bought an 07' anyone know why they changed this? drive warranty?
Old 08-29-2007, 06:34 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Stucktj
Ya thats what I'm thinking the 3.73s wont help if I want 33"s and pull my popup around. May find out how much for the dealer to put in 4.10s. Should have bought an 07' anyone know why they changed this? drive warranty?
why not get 4.88?

Quick Reply: 08 23s package...( ? )