Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

'07 accessories

Old 01-14-2007, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robar
Well I wasn't a satellite radio fan until I got this one for free. But to answer your question is, no. I haven't had any problem with the sticky backing that came with the mount. The mount sits behind and between the vents. I don't think the mount gets any heat at all. The back of the RoadyXT could get a little heat, but the vents are usually pointed in the direction of an occupant.
Thanks for the insite... it might just be the crappy dash on my current truck (xterra) behind the dash gets hot... then the droop factor kicks in.. 07 should be here in a week! ... NEWS FLASH!!! Just got dealer call while typing this response... My jeep in in transit... should have by Wendesday! For anyone that was "D" status late last week check with DC because as of last Wendesday I was "D" so this is way sooner then expected...
Old 01-14-2007, 10:02 AM
JK Jedi Master

I found this at Quadratec:

Here is the link:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/pr...17+004&h=&spg=

It says for up to '06, but you may be able to adapt it for the JK.

Here is the install instructions. Not sure, but with some adjustment it could work on the JK.

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/54927.pdf

Last edited by Robar; 01-14-2007 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:40 PM
HEK
JK Freak

I found this at Quadratec:

Here is the link:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/pr...17+004&h=&spg=

It says for up to '06, but you may be able to adapt it for the JK.

Here is the install instructions. Not sure, but with some adjustment it could work on the JK.

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/54927.pdf

I should have posted before that I had called and actually spoke with a salesperson from Quadratec and after he saw the instructions on the website he said it would not work on our JK.... , oh well but I think I;m going with SilverJK's set up, I tried to splice the wires today, it worked but I think I may have to solder them because of the amount of "ab-use" they will have with everybody plugging their I-pods at different times...depending who's driving that day...

here is a pic from another topic on the Electronics section....which gave the idea....

Last edited by HEK; 01-14-2007 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:33 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by HEK
good one Robar, I may try it, please post some pics....and on the subject of accessories...has anyone found any wheel locks. I took one off and tried the local
auto parts store and none have the same shape on the base of the lug.
Thanks
Here are the pics of the non-slip tape on the door sills. I would suggest wearing some leather gloves if you try this. The texture of the tape cut the poop out of my fingers.

Old 01-17-2007, 08:56 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by HEK
good one Robar, I may try it, please post some pics....and on the subject of accessories...has anyone found any wheel locks. I took one off and tried the local
Thanks
Have you seen these at Quadratec? $39.00.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/15007_05.htm
Old 01-17-2007, 10:16 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HEK
...has anyone found any wheel locks. I took one off and tried the local
Thanks
$39.95 + the government's cut at the dealership, for all 5 and the key. I believe they are actually Mcgard, but i dont know their stock number. The Mopar part number is 82201650

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 01-17-2007 at 10:19 AM.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:16 PM
HEK
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
$39.95 + the government's cut at the dealership, for all 5 and the key. I believe they are actually Mcgard, but i dont know their stock number. The Mopar part number is 82201650
My dealer's parts guy said they hadn't made any for the '07..... , damn I'm begining to feel like they are a waste of my time as they have no interest in accessories but replacement parts off their shelves.....

Have you seen these at Quadratec? $39.00.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/15007_05.htm
You know I did the search and came up empty, Robar thanks I'm calling them tomorrow but I could have swore the guy from Quadratec told me that the lugs of our JK's were different ( I wonder if he doesn't know ....) as the spare tire wheel cover I saw as well, he said it wouldn't work on the Rubis off road tire, it was too wide....
Thanks guys for giving me hope that one day I'll end up with what I want....
Old 01-17-2007, 04:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mmccurdy
Though I've never used them personally, these guys have gotten really good reviews for iPod clips:

http://www.proclipusa.com/

If you check out the other application pics, they look really clean and solid. I emailed them a few weeks ago, and they said "a few weeks" for their JK mount, so presumably they should be in any day now... Anyway, this is the route that I'm planning on going, I'll let everyone know how it works out.
Dude... thanks for this link. It seems impossible to find accessories for my PDA phone (Starcom 6700) and they actually had what I was looking for!
Old 01-17-2007, 05:22 PM
HEK
JK Freak

I should have edited my last post but I just ordered over the phone with Quadratec the set of 5 wheels locks ( thanks Robar) , a Jeep hat and a spare tire cover which is on BO, apparently the "day" guy is not a JEEP person per the salesguy I spoke with tonite because he could have found me these items the day I placed the order for my cold air intake....go figure...

Last edited by HEK; 01-18-2007 at 06:18 AM.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:26 PM
JK Jedi Master

Well, if they don't fit you can't blame me or the "day" guy. lol I will be getting a set soon too. My wheels are stock, but the tires will cost a bit to replace.

Quick Reply: '07 accessories