Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

'07 accessories

Old 01-08-2007, 10:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HEK
So I've done my search and called some "places" that are not Mopar and still they don't have wheel locks for the '07 Rubi or the wheel cover for the spare tire.
My wife and I have our own I Pods which we have loaded with "our" favorite music and was hoping to find a dash holder for it, but even Quadratec doesn't know when they will start to carry this year's model "stuff".
Have any luck buying for your '07, ( please PM me I do not want to break any of the Forum rules by doing free advertisement)
Thanks

HEK
Believe it or not generic cell phone holders work great... plus they are cheap because they do nto carry the ipod name and there are tons to choose from.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:09 PM
HEK
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Riprock
Believe it or not generic cell phone holders work great... plus they are cheap because they do nto carry the ipod name and there are tons to choose from.
Please tell me which one in particular since I've been to my cell carrier and Best Buy and can not find one that fits the i-pod, humongo had one that I'm yet to find and try but if you have another option please ...let me know....thanks in advance....
Old 01-09-2007, 04:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HEK
Please tell me which one in particular since I've been to my cell carrier and Best Buy and can not find one that fits the i-pod, humongo had one that I'm yet to find and try but if you have another option please ...let me know....thanks in advance....
I saw the same one at Circuit City for $10 more.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HEK
I remember I bought a generic one at Radio Shack about a year ago... I wish I could say it was a week ago... Anyway, it was a rectangle rubberized surface and the sides could be squeezed together locking your phone, Ipod or palm securely. It had a few option for mounting on dash, windshield or cup holder..
Old 01-10-2007, 06:18 AM
HEK
JK Freak

We had bought one that sounds like the one you have but unfortunatelly doesn't work with the vents on the Rubi as these are round and the arms that should lock are too short and it fall off, so now I'm using it on my car instead....
Old 01-10-2007, 03:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

If anyone's interested, I want to sell the Stainless Steel door sill protectors I orderd for my 4-door Rubi. I decided I want black, they're brand new, never installed, will sell for $90 and I'll pay for shipping in the lower US.

Let me know...

Tom
Bryson City, NC
Old 01-11-2007, 05:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HEK
We had bought one that sounds like the one you have but unfortunatelly doesn't work with the vents on the Rubi as these are round and the arms that should lock are too short and it fall off, so now I'm using it on my car instead....
The Radio Shack one came with a long bendable arm that could be stuck to the windshield... I forgot to mention that in my earlier post. The arm also had a cupholder attachment so you could plant it there as well. I have seen something close to this setup at Circuit City as well in the auto stereo department.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey HEK...I was just looking at some IPOD mounts at Target and they had two pretty nice ones for around 8 bucks. Very compact too. Would hold as small as the nano or adjustable to fit the full size.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:59 AM
HEK
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 007divegirl
Hey HEK...I was just looking at some IPOD mounts at Target and they had two pretty nice ones for around 8 bucks. Very compact too. Would hold as small as the nano or adjustable to fit the full size.
007divegirl, I bought a holder from there and ended up using it in my TL since the vents on the Rubi are round and the clips don't lock, the unit was meant for vents that are rectangular....but if you have a picture of how you have yours mounted I'd appreciated it if you can post a picture...thanks
Old 01-13-2007, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steve&2jc's
Since you guys are talking ipods i assume you're plugging them into the jack on the front of the factory radio. If this is the case is there something available to hook an xm radio into it? I didn't get the sirius cause I have xm in my tractor trailer so I just got another roady for the jeep.
The Roady has an FM transmitter, no need for a cord.

Quick Reply: '07 accessories