Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

=Gladiator=

Old 03-28-2008, 10:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It occurred to me that Jeep only needs to make one extra panel to put the JT in production.

The could also do a wagon that would look retro kind of like a Wyllis Wagon. After all, the JT and Gladiator look like a retro Wyllis pickup which is why I like it.

They could build the current Unlimited in a 2-door version with a special tailgate and they would have a Wyllis Wagon type thing going on and it would only require a couple of new panels and rear door.

another thread:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=33144&page=2

and another thread:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33144

Last edited by Blue; 03-28-2008 at 10:40 AM.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know why the Gladiator isn't in the future? I like the high beltline and chopped windows, and since there is a market for another Jeep pickup, I cannot see why this isn't the one...I really like the Glad...of course, I'd like it more without the faux chrome bling bling.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:57 AM
JK Newbie

True.....but

As much as I would like to see a TJ in production, I think that to truly make it competative it needs a 6 ft long bed and a drop down tail gate. At the very
LEAST it needs a strong drop down tail gate. I mean the whole point of having a truck is to carry my dirtbike or some 2x4s or plywood or drywall and it is just too difficult to carry that stuff in a 5 foot bed with a side swinging tail gate.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rkwfxd
True.....but

As much as I would like to see a TJ in production, I think that to truly make it competative it needs a 6 ft long bed and a drop down tail gate. At the very
LEAST it needs a strong drop down tail gate. I mean the whole point of having a truck is to carry my dirtbike or some 2x4s or plywood or drywall and it is just too difficult to carry that stuff in a 5 foot bed with a side swinging tail gate.
I agree with a drop down tailgate. I see going any longer resulting in more than 116 inch wheel base which would require a longer frame. The prototype is called a JT not TJ.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Blue
I agree with a drop down tailgate. I see going any longer resulting in more than 116 inch wheel base which would require a longer frame. The prototype is called a JT not TJ.
Sorry, I jess barely got here right now.

Maybe the one you want is the JT but I am after the TJ as it comes with a bed full of empty beer cans, is lowered with tiny 13" x 5" chrome rims, and has a welded chain steering wheel and poor quality tuck and roll red Velor interior.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:22 PM
JK Freak

Here is a slideshow of the Gladiator I took at the 2006 Philly Auto Show
http://mysite.verizon.net/mikep364/g...or/default.htm
Old 03-29-2008, 07:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
anybody know when it is coming out!?

What kinda tires are those??? They don't look like the Mtr's
Old 03-29-2008, 07:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jerseyjk08
What kinda tires are those??? They don't look like the Mtr's
They are 265/75/18 Goodyear tires on 18x8 wheels.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:16 PM
JK Newbie

i wonder how Chrysler decides what to build.

Seems to me there is a ton of interest in either a Gladiator or a JT yet Jeep has said they will not produce the Gladiator and the JT is for military sales only. While both of these designs are trucks, I think they are different enough from all of the current trucks (Tacoma, Frontier, Ranger, Canyon, Ridgeline) that they would not be competing directly against them. No other company makes a small solid axle 4X4 that is truly capable and as easily modified from the factory as these vehicle would be.

I am for sure going to buy a new vehicle in two years when I give my current truck to my daughter. I sure hope I can buy either a Gladiator or JT by then.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:24 PM
JK Newbie

Yea it is truly a shame that Chrysler can not see the potential of either the Gladiator or the JT. The interest in both has been huge. I know dedicated web sites have been set up for the Gladiator in the past but I am not sure they are still up since Chrysler said they would not produce it.

Through a diesel in it and Chrysler would have a great little world truck. I bet people in the many countries around the world with poor roads and diesel fuel would love to have a strong, solid axle 4X4 truck. The JT is still small and short enough to make in practical in over crowded cities.

Quick Reply: =Gladiator=