Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

****Theft*****

Old 08-13-2011, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont see times getting better. Hell exhausts getting cut off vehs at park and rides. sinkers stolen off Charter boats.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by patrol65
I will call the person that took them and ask them to look for the vin lol
Funny funny.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

A good insurance company, and most actually are, will already have, in some way or other, started to investigate things. Which would include contacting dealers (re-keying doors maybe) and body shops (for repainting). Probably even checking things like Craig's list and ebay. They really don't want to pay out with out someone being held responsible.

They might even be able to locate good used doors at a salvage yard, from a damaged vehicle.

The worst thing is that someone, was probably planning this, meaning that I doubt that it was random. How could it be, they took specific items. I would look to someone that maybe knew that she was going to be gone. The door being open was possible just dumb luck for them.

Best of luck with this!
Old 08-13-2011, 07:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Definitely not random and knew what tools he needed. My thoughts are with your friend. I would be pissed.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:58 AM
JK Freak

do not forget the lock need to be ordered to match your ignition lock key
Old 08-13-2011, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fadeout
this wouldn't do any good, simply because any excuse could be made as to where they came from.
Give ya a good start to see if the key fits. I'd also be calling locksmiths in the area as well. Someone's gonna want their new doors to match their ignition or contact Chrysler about someone rekeying or contact ebay/amazon/aftermarket sellers about someone just recently in the area purchasing new locks. I'm sure with a little work something could be dug up. But that is just me...I wouldn't let 8K in doors just go out the door....no pun.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by eastcoasting32
who needs doors anyways??
I'll tell you who ... Mall crawlers. I kid, I kid. (as I post this from the mall coldwater creek store as my wife shops.)
Old 09-01-2011, 03:33 PM
JK Newbie

Default full doors

I called Chrysler/Mopar when I bought my half door model last sept. I was wanting full doors in addition to my factory half doors. Chrysler told me that full doors completely assembled are not avail, as an option, I would have to order all the door parts, and trim panels separately and have them assembled and painted. So this was true as of late last year....

Quick Reply: ****Theft*****