Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

****do not under any circumstances buy from 4wheelonline.com****

Old 09-23-2009, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd probably go the credit card route and if it takes 120 days, so what. Let your credit card company work for you...you are paying for it. Also, if you want a silver lining in this story, you are likely better off that they didn't mount and balance you tires. If they are that crappy with a simple order, I suspect they don't have the competance to mount and balence them right any way. So better to get it done w/ someone you turst, than to get the tires on your jeep and then find that you have vibration, uneven wear, etc.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck force balancing 37" tires. Even a good spin balance is hard to find and the weights throw off in no time.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:35 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Machine154
I usually see $80-100 quoted for "bring-in" wheels and tires. I am not surprised. Mount and computer balance is not cheap anymore, especially if you are bringing loose items in from outside.
drove in with (4) 36" tires and steel wheels on the jeep ... and 4 mounted 35" tires and mag wheels in the back (top off, tall stack with a strap ). had all 8 broken down, the 4 36" tires from the jeep mounted/ballanced on the set of mag wheels ... then 2 of the 35" tires only mounted on 2 of the steel wheels that came off the jeep. took the other 2 wheels and tires home seperate. all new valve stems, all new chrome lugs on the jeep to match new mag wheels

this was in norther MI ... $67.33

shop around, i know you can find cheaper
Old 09-23-2009, 09:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow, that sucks. I hope the guy I'm buying my tires from doesn't try to pull the same crap.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:28 AM
JK Freak

Got all 5 of my 35" tires mounted and balanced for $45 and it was a great job. Shop around, ask other jeepers for recomendations. That is how we found our new favorite tire shop.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this same company as 4wd? I bought my tires from 4wd and they came to me perfect last april. Something must have really changed there. Make sure to file credit card claim. Don't let them take your money.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

ok, they finally agreed to credit me back $80. that may or may not cover the cost of the m&b, but at least i got SOMETHING out of them. i still feel like it is too little, too late. this situation should have been handled on my first call to them. it was a cut and dry error on their part and they still made me go through a bunch of bullshit. i will never give them another dime.

Quick Reply: ****do not under any circumstances buy from 4wheelonline.com****