Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

****do not under any circumstances buy from 4wheelonline.com****

Old 09-23-2009, 02:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ****do not under any circumstances buy from 4wheelonline.com****

placed an order with these bozos about 2 weeks ago for my new wheels / tires. i knew i shouldn't have gone with them, but like a jackass i fell for the ol' "wow, i can save a couple hundred dollars". they have a promotion going on right now where if you buy a full set of pro comp tires and pro comp wheels you get free mount and balance. i even called the day after the order to make sure that they would be mounted and balanced. lo and behold, my shipment makes it to me yesterday and the tires and rims are NOT mounted and balanced. i figure "damn....it will be a pain in my ass, but i'll just have them mounted and balanced on my own and 4wheelonline will reimburse me whatever it costs". WRONG. i call and get the salesman jose on the phone and he puts me on hold to go talk to a manager. he comes back and says he doesn't know why they weren't mounted and balanced, but the manager says now that they have been delivered there is nothing they can do to help me. i am blown away at this point. i ask to speak to his manager. manager tells me the same thing. he says my only option is to either eat the cost of the mount and balance, or go through their return process which will cost ME freight and a restocking fee. i spent about 2 hours trying to climb the corporate ladder yesterday to find someone who has some sense. i am waiting on a call back from someone today. i could care less about the $100 that it is going to cost me to have the m&b done, but i'll be damned if i am gonna let these pricks win at this point!!! so PLEASE, my forum friends, do not make the mistake of ordering from these idiots. rant over. thanks for listening.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:08 AM
JK Freak

If you payed will your credit card have them dispute it for you and I am sure they will either fix it or pick them up for free so there not out the money. From my experience with tires and rims is by local.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:10 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Duly noted. There have been other complaints about them, so you've got my support on this. Such vendors need to be driven out of business.

Another Complaint Thread
Old 09-23-2009, 03:12 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by mikesjk
... From my experience with tires and rims is by local.
I've bought in the past from The Tire Rack online and had a great experience. But, I just needed tires. When I needed rims, I went to the local 4 Wheel Parts so that I could actually see the rims I had chosen after poring over catalogs and Internet sites. They were UGLY with a fake bead lock that just screamed "FAKE!" I was so glad I didn't go with just catalog pic's. I ended up buying a different set of rims and tires from them, and have been delighted.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikesjk
If you payed will your credit card have them dispute it for you and I am sure they will either fix it or pick them up for free so there not out the money. From my experience with tires and rims is by local.
i talked to visa and they said it shouldn't be a problem to get the money refunded by going through them with the dispute process, but it can take up to 120 days, and i don't think i am willing to go through all that crap just to make a point to these a-holes.....i will probably just end up eating it. but if my posting this keeps one person from buying from them it will be worthwhile.

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Duly noted. There have been other complaints about them, so you've got my support on this. Such vendors need to be driven out of business.

Another Complaint Thread
thank you mark. i agree with you 100%. oh, and i forgot to mention in my original post that the truck driver who dropped them off said he delivers for this company "all the time" and that he hears people complain about this very problem on a regular basis. i am wondering if they do this shit on purpose??? hmmmm........ i think i will put in a word with the BBB.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cpray
i could care less about the $100 that it is going to cost me to have the m&b done

are you f-in kidding me?? $100?? last time i checked it was $10 a tire!! i paid $62 after tax one time for 4 and was pissed cuz this d!ck of a shop charged me an "over-sized tire fee" to mount a set of 33" BFG ATs.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Caveat emptor. This is exactly why I don't typically stray from the Sponsoring Manufacturer & Vendor Forum here.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 6DoF

are you f-in kidding me?? $100?? last time i checked it was $10 a tire!! i paid $62 after tax one time for 4 and was pissed cuz this d!ck of a shop charged me an "over-sized tire fee" to mount a set of 33" BFG ATs.
ha ha I guess PA charges differently then here... I paid over $100 to have 5 tires mounted and balanced.. granted they are 35's.. but still.

To the OP. definetly file a claim with your credit card.. I would. who cares if it takes 120 days..

AND DUDE you should have bought from discounttires.com....
they are a sponsor, and ALWAYS mount and balance for free.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 6DoF

I usually see $80-100 quoted for "bring-in" wheels and tires. I am not surprised. Mount and computer balance is not cheap anymore, especially if you are bringing loose items in from outside.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

these are 37's.....and i want them road force balanced. hell, it may cost me MORE than $100.

Quick Reply: ****do not under any circumstances buy from 4wheelonline.com****