Notices
JK Suspension This forum is dedicated for the selling of factory and aftermarket Jeep JK Wrangler suspension components only. This would include items such as coil springs, shocks, control arms, track bars, relocation brackets and complete lift kits.

Stock Front Lower Control Arms from 2011 Rubicon

Old 03-14-2012, 12:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there any difference in these and the stock LCA's for the Sport model?
Old 03-14-2012, 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by theisland
Is there any difference in these and the stock LCA's for the Sport model?
Nope. They're identical.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bump. I'm sure there's someone out there who needs these.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mvymr
Bump. I'm sure there's someone out there who needs these.
Kind of a newb question but when are these needed. I am putting on a tf 2.5 lift from a 4 door on my 2 dr.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by titn31
Kind of a newb question but when are these needed. I am putting on a tf 2.5 lift from a 4 door on my 2 dr.
These stock control arms would be useful if you're looking to replace a damaged stock arm or if you're moving back to a stock setup in preparation for a trade-in, warranty service at the stealership, etc. Given that you're about to install a lift, I doubt you need these.

By the way, I have the same TF lift on my 2-door. Expect to get at least 3.5" out of it. If the steering feels a little "flighty" after the lift is installed, consider replacing your stock front lower control arms with a set of adjustable arms. That'll improve the caster, which should help with the steering.

Also, if you have an automatic and you plan to wheel with the swaybar disconnected, start thinking about a new front driveshaft. With any lift over 3", the boot on the front driveshaft has a tendency to get ripped off on the corner of the transmission pan. Once the shaft starts spewing grease, its days are numbered.

I know you only asked about the stock control arms, but I figured I share this info in case you didn't know what you were getting into.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mvymr

These stock control arms would be useful if you're looking to replace a damaged stock arm or if you're moving back to a stock setup in preparation for a trade-in, warranty service at the stealership, etc. Given that you're about to install a lift, I doubt you need these.

By the way, I have the same TF lift on my 2-door. Expect to get at least 3.5" out of it. If the steering feels a little "flighty" after the lift is installed, consider replacing your stock front lower control arms with a set of adjustable arms. That'll improve the caster, which should help with the steering.

Also, if you have an automatic and you plan to wheel with the swaybar disconnected, start thinking about a new front driveshaft. With any lift over 3", the boot on the front driveshaft has a tendency to get ripped off on the corner of the transmission pan. Once the shaft starts spewing grease, its days are numbered.

I know you only asked about the stock control arms, but I figured I share this info in case you didn't know what you were getting into.
Thank you for this response. I was wondering if anything else would be required. Now I know!
Old 04-13-2012, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bump. I need to get rid of these.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Weekend bump.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Gone! Thanks for looking.