Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Zoglmann's Build Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 02:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ummmm not sure that zip tie will work. When your rig moves that inner shaft is going to want to spin assuming it's still connected to your differential which I assume it is judging from your pic the shaft looks deep in the tube (I know what I said please no gay shit lol). If I were you I wouldn't drive it without the shaft either you don't want all that shit in the tube getting into your differential. I just replaced my shafts and my tubes had a lot of crap in there
Old 10-27-2013, 05:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take the broken shaft out and stuff a rag in there. thats what i had to do for about 500 miles or so befor ei got my cromoly shafts.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Monte417
Ummmm not sure that zip tie will work. When your rig moves that inner shaft is going to want to spin assuming it's still connected to your differential which I assume it is judging from your pic the shaft looks deep in the tube (I know what I said please no gay shit lol). If I were you I wouldn't drive it without the shaft either you don't want all that shit in the tube getting into your differential. I just replaced my shafts and my tubes had a lot of crap in there
Lmao! That's funny shit right there. well I haven't had the shafts turn yet and I put a 1" ratchet strap on there as well just as insurance. I think I'll be ok and yes I'll be cleaning everything when I get my new shafts. Thanks guys and I'll let you know how this works.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 10-30-2013, 04:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well it's been probably about 100 miles since the zip tie/ratchet strap fix. Very hard miles. Through the mud, through the air, down the highway at 95+ mph, and I can gladly say I've had zero movement out of the inner shafts so looks like ill just be rockin 2wd for a while until I can get the new shafts. Any recommendation for a quality shaft that won't kill my wallet? I know the rcv (I don't know if that's right but you know the ones I'm talking about) are probably the best I just don't want to drop 1200 on axle shafts just to swap axles next year. Any suggestions appreciated. I was looking at ten factory axles so any additional input on those would be great as well. Thanks guys.

Old 12-07-2013, 11:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

New pics in my album. Check em out!

Old 09-27-2015, 09:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

UPDATING AFTER WAAAAAY TO LONG:
Since I last posted in word form the jeep has been dubbed "tank". I've bent wheels, ripped out valve stems, destroyed a windshield, bent a rear axle flange (in need of driver rear axle if anyone has one they want to sell), bent a tierod, shattered the front spiders, and now I'm having sensor and oiling problems with the engine. Still love my jeep as much as I did before I broke everything but now I'm looking hard into super duty axles and a coyote power train out of a newer f150. Started working on the road making some money so I can actually get the jeep to the level I want it. As the picture I just uploaded shows it's still getting driven everyday and I'm still using it like a jeep even though it's only two wheel drive. Cheers and jeep on!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2725779858.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	507.9 KB
ID:	625647  

Quick Reply: Zoglmann's Build Thread