Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Zoglmann's Build Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 08:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kh202
Awesome man. Sounds like you be a man with a plan. Love the liner
Thanks man. I'm doin the best I can lol tryin to finish it before October 8th. Ill be headed to my wife's airforce bmt graduation and want it done to surprise her. She was kind of ashamed of it after the deer hit and all. Looked like a run down pos lol. It's comin along though. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 08-29-2013, 08:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome man. Sounds like you be a man with a plan. Love the liner
Btw I'm diggin the color of your jk. If I could go back I'd get that color.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zoglmann

Btw I'm diggin the color of your jk. If I could go back I'd get that color.

Thanks man. So many good lookin colors out there, hard to pick one!
Old 08-30-2013, 07:37 AM
JK Newbie

Nice job with the bedliner... In regards to no lift and 35's, ignoring the axle issues (ignoring them because I run 35's with completely stock 30 front and 44 rear axles and haven't had any issues... yet), my concern with running 35's and no lift would be the lack of articulation. Not only will you have issues when disconnecting your sway bar, but with the Smitty flares, the tires won't have that much room for up travel. If you look at your picture from the very first post you can see this, especially in the rear... Not that you can't do it, but personally if I was on a tight budget I would try to scour the 'For Sale' section of this forum and try to find a used budget boost for cheap and put it on yourself. Just my 2 cents...
Old 08-30-2013, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mcsjk
Nice job with the bedliner... In regards to no lift and 35's, ignoring the axle issues (ignoring them because I run 35's with completely stock 30 front and 44 rear axles and haven't had any issues... yet), my concern with running 35's and no lift would be the lack of articulation. Not only will you have issues when disconnecting your sway bar, but with the Smitty flares, the tires won't have that much room for up travel. If you look at your picture from the very first post you can see this, especially in the rear... Not that you can't do it, but personally if I was on a tight budget I would try to scour the 'For Sale' section of this forum and try to find a used budget boost for cheap and put it on yourself. Just my 2 cents...
Thanks for the input and the compliment. I wish I would have had the liner sprayed in so it would be a little nicer but beggars can't be choosers lol. I'm always searching the for sale threads for something I need but no one is in my area and most don't want to ship. Ill probably end up with around a 3" lift since they can be had new for cheap and just build off of that later on.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks man. So many good lookin colors out there, hard to pick one!
Agreed!

Old 09-09-2013, 03:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well I took the armor fenders to Kansas rocks park and smashed them on some trees........ And they look exactly the same as when I unboxed them! I don't know if any other flare would have taken the last hit on my passenger rear corner because it hit hard enough that it popped me up outta the drivers seat and almost onto the center console. Ha ha great investment.

On a side not I now need a gas tank skid, lca skids badly, transfer skid and possibly a crossmember. Oh and mangled a factory wheel good enough to peel off part of the aluminum. gotta love these things!

Old 09-09-2013, 03:36 PM
JK Junkie

The stock skids will take a beating, trust me
Old 09-09-2013, 03:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ya I know they will they just didn't like that one. The tank skids beat in in two spots and the transfers curled up on one side. I may have got a little carried away with the skinny pedal

Old 09-09-2013, 03:40 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Zoglmann
Ya I know they will they just didn't like that one. The tank skids beat in in two spots and the transfers curled up on one side. I may have got a little carried away with the skinny pedal

Def learn to take it easier with that man. Wheeling will be less costly for ya

Quick Reply: Zoglmann's Build Thread