Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Is this your JK?!

Old 05-26-2009, 04:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is this your JK?!

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine (who knows that I'm thinking about upgrading my JK suspension and wheels/tires) snapped this Jeep here in LA over the weekend. I've talked to him in the past about what kind of setup I've been thinking about and he saw this and knew I'd be interested in looking at it.
Anyway, I'd love to know if it belongs to anyone here and if so, can you give me some info about what setup you're running?
If not, maybe you're running a similar setup and can give me some similar/alternative specs.

Regardless, any help would be appreciated!

Oh, and if this IS your JK and you want me to take the pic down, just say the word and I'll remove it.

Thanks.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, It's not my Jeep...

But, if you can't tell from the picture those tires and wheels are Toyo Open Country M/T 315/75R16, which are about 35x12x50's on 16" Cragar Soft 8's, or similar. Probably 16x8"

And that looks like about a 3-4" lift.

Last edited by MoTec; 05-26-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Not mine, but similar in many ways

Old 05-26-2009, 07:32 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mmccurdy
Not mine, but similar in many ways

Your Jeep looks great, do much snow driving with those tires? That is the look I'm going for but they need to do well in the snow
Old 05-26-2009, 07:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by absoluttorque
Your Jeep looks great, do much snow driving with those tires? That is the look I'm going for but they need to do well in the snow
Depends on what you mean........

If you're planning to run on top of the snow on a trail run aired down to 8psi, you will have no problem.

If you're planning to make a run up to Big Bear on the freeway in a blizzard, best to look elsewhere. The Toyo's (and any mud terrain, really) are not good in cold, snow-covered road conditions.

EDIT: Sorry, thought you were in SoCal -- replace the above reference to Big Bear with "Killington, etc." and you get the idea. Seriously, I would not recommend these tires for typical northeast winter driving conditions. I was born in CT, grew up in Jersey. I might consider a set of dedicated winter tires, however, since these things can not be beat in the mud or on the rocks.

I've been running this setup for 2.5 years, so lmk if you have any more questions

Last edited by mmccurdy; 05-26-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:50 PM
JK Freak

Depends on what you mean........

If you're planning to run on top of the snow on a trail run aired down to 8psi, you will have no problem.

If you're planning to make a run up to Big Bear on the freeway in a blizzard, best to look elsewhere. The Toyo's (and any mud terrain, really) are not good in cold, snow-covered road conditions.

EDIT: Sorry, thought you were in SoCal -- replace the above reference to Big Bear with "Killington, etc." and you get the idea. Seriously, I would not recommend these tires for typical northeast winter driving conditions. I was born in CT, grew up in Jersey. I might consider a set of dedicated winter tires, however, since these things can not be beat in the mud or on the rocks.

I've been running this setup for 2.5 years, so lmk if you have any more questions
Mind you, he is running 13.5 wide and makes lockers look unnecessary with those tires.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by eisenjj
Yeah, I agree. You can see that they are Toyo Open Country MT's in 315/75R16's. I also agree on the 16"x8" Soft 8 style wheels. I would bet money that it is a Rancho or Skyjacker lift by the looks of the front shock color.
You are correct. It is our JK Sport kit for the suspension as you can tell by the drop brackets for the front control arms.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:31 PM
JK Newbie

I have to say, I had 33X14.5X15's Super Swampers on my '03 Rubi, and that thing was better in the winter than my Audi A4 with awd AND studded winter tires lol. I think I had to throw it into 4hi maybe once that winter.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:54 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what I have to know is this... did you all turn your interior lights on just for the photo?
Old 05-27-2009, 10:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
what I have to know is this... did you all turn your interior lights on just for the photo?
hah... I just noticed that for the first time when I added the pic to this thread actually.... looks kinda cool though I think

Quick Reply: Is this your JK?!