Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Are you serious?!!!

Old 05-18-2009, 09:20 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeBlob
On Mother's Day, last Sunday, I pulled into the restaurant behind the most unbelievable Porsche I've ever seen. Figured it was one of the Falcons or Braves but it turned out to be Usher. (My daughter helped me) He gets out and gives me a thumbs up while nodding in approval of my Jeep. I rolled down the window and he says "Man, I love your car."

So, I was mildly offended he called it a car; no big deal, it's only 7 feet tall. Then I asked him if he wanted to trade, and he said, "No man, Hummer's are too slow for me."
You should have looked at his car asked him when AMC came back out with the Pacer.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a couplle compliment on how nice it was and ask what it was. I told them it was a new 4 door Jeep. The next question was who makes it. I was dumbfounded said JEEP and walked away.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not a great story butttt, I just started dating this girl and the first time we went out I drive, of course. and few days later I go see her again and she tells me "ohhh you drive a Jeep I was telling my friend you drove a Hummer" and I'm like WTF that's not a good sign... I quickly got over it and made it very clear to her that it is a JEEP! About a week later me, her, her roommate, and the roommate's boyfriend all go out together, I drive again of course, and after we arrive to our destination the roommate is like "I really like your Hummer"..... You've got to be kidding me! It has a soft top! Although this time the girl I'm dating was quick to correct her and tell her it's a Jeep and that's a good sign

I took her off road this past Saturday just to reiterate that it is a Jeep and now it's not only a Jeep but a "sexy" Jeep.

Here's a pic
Old 05-18-2009, 11:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had a fellow come up to me once and complement my 4 door. "I really like the balloon tires you stuck underneath it. Are those 31 10 50's?

(Stock 225's on baja rims until I wear the tread down enough to buy real tires)

I just smiled at the man, thanked him for the complement and said the tires were stock, some metric size..
Old 05-18-2009, 12:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I bought my Rubicon, drove it 40 miles home into the garage and then installed the lift, bumpers, winch, and wheels/tires.
My first stop when I pulled it out of the garage was the local gas station to get a soft drink.

When I came out the door of the station I ran into an older gentleman I know from work, and he said: "That's your Jeep? I thought you were going to get a new one?"

It made me feel better about the mods immediately.

That day:

Now:
Old 05-18-2009, 12:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Well here in Florida we don't know how to Fing vote right but everyone knows wtf a Jeep is... nothing but compliments especially after lift and tires.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

i get asked did it come stock like that all the time at the gas station. i take it as a compliment. i like the way it looks. and it could be much worse they could tell me it looks like an abortion.

and for those of u not familar with my jeep. sorry its not the best but it's the most recent with all my mods listed below

Last edited by Leedsfighting17; 05-18-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash
So, one of my customers came in, and said he really liked my Jeep.
I appreciate getting compliments, as Im sure all of you do....but then he said:

"So are you going to do anything to it, like lift it? Or are you just going to leave it stock?"

I thought he was joking at first, but turns out he was sincere.

It made me feel like I had wasted thousands upon thousands of dollars on mods. All of this design work and concept thought to make my Jeep stand out, and none of it doing any good. I know im not running 40s or anything like that, but I have done some things to it.

Anyway, does anyone else face this dilemma?

Show us your JK, and tell us any stories of crazy things people have said, meaning to be nice, but ended up somewhat insulting you instead.
I guess this would include "I really like your Hummer" for unlimited owners.

Also...why does everyone seem to think my JK is 25+yrs old?

For the few of you who havent seen mine...here it is

Crash, man I love your Jeep. A lot of the time I'll see a stock yellow Jeep out there and be glad I didn't get one, but then whenever I see your Jeep it makes me wish I went with Detonator Yellow. That thing is sweet and looks great. Don't let em get to you. =)
Old 05-18-2009, 08:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Crash i think you need a "Black Tie Edition" decal on each side that'd be sick. and funny.

as for my stories, i was waiting at the dealer to get the brake system flash done two years ago and i asked our salesmen about me doing the lift and tires and he said, like what size are you going to put on there? 31's?

i have been asked about my hummer before and stuff like that but i just shrug it off..
(cellphone pic)
My Rig
Old 05-18-2009, 08:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Very nice looking rig! I woulnd't take offense to this person's comments in the least.

Quick Reply: Are you serious?!!!