Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Are you serious?!!!

Old 05-17-2009, 03:31 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Non Jeepers still seem to be pretty clueless when it comes to some of these things. In a way it's a good thing when the JK is tough to distinguish from other models as it means they haven't strayed too far from the heritage. My wife still seems to not be able to tell the difference between the TJ and the JK at a glance, and she's spent thousands of miles riding/driving in both.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:38 AM
JK Freak

Yeah i had someone ask if the lift and tires was some kind of off road package from Jeep.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:22 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zook
Yeah i had someone ask if the lift and tires was some kind of off road package from Jeep.
I was asked the same question!

I said "no, the Jeep is an offroad package from Chrysler".

He looked blank, then lost, then kinda shook his head and wandered away looking overly confused.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stop caring what other people think. People are stupid. Most of them think they're giving you a compliment when they say it looks like a Hummer.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:26 AM
JK Freak

Crash your JEEP does not look stock... anyone that would make that statement must drive a Ford Tempo.

Looks great man
Old 05-17-2009, 09:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash
Im going after a LOWES sponsorship...

I understand what you mean though.

I am poor, and have a very homemade looking Jeep.

the bumper is just something i made in an hour or so for under $50 to run while I am repairing the quadlight front. (and its door thresholds, not siding...stronger and cheaper. lol)

Also, Im still working on a cleaner looking outer snorkel, but it will follow the exact same shape and lines. I still havent found a snorkel out there I like any
better, and dont think one exists that's better functionally.

As for the bushwackers, I needed something that gave me coverage, and didnt slice up my tires. at least they arent homemade, i guess.

My point was.....as crappy as all of my mods obviously are....it isnt stock.
Dude. You're being hard on yourself. Your Jeep is UNIQUE and very very cool. You have the jeep do-it-yourself spirit with a certain flair and sense of style.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:45 AM
JK Newbie

its funny because i have an 07 yellow jk also with a 3 inch fulltraction and 35's i get lots of compliments on it and then i get a few of those so are you gunna lift it comments
Old 05-17-2009, 11:08 AM
JK Junkie

I appreciate the comments and compliments on my jeep....

but what Im trying to find out with this thread is:

What else is said about your JK that truly mystifies you?

Incidentally, those who point out how much you dislike what Ive done to the Jeep are proving even further that its obvious that stuff has been done to it.

Far from stock, even if youre only noticing the stupid stuff you hate.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I get what you're saying, a guy also asked me if I was going to lift it, all while his jeep is next to mine and is clearly a lot lower but the same thing happened with my tj.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nikbass
Crash has a higher lift than you and bigger tires... I don't understand?
what is there to understand? I am not hating on his Jeep... just said I would have gone bigger or better.... if I had the money I would probably go bigger on my own I am not in competition with ANYONE... he asked... I replied

Quick Reply: Are you serious?!!!