Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Yet another Trektop thread......Pics

Old 04-28-2009, 08:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the more and more i see em im glad other people spent the money on it before i did!!!!!!!!!!!the over all fit on all of them seems terrible
Old 04-28-2009, 09:27 PM
JK Freak

I do like the look; but I agree there seems to be some issue with QC. I remember another top being out there that looks just like the Trek Top; I think it was called Off Road Hero Top, but im not sure... I wonder if the quality is better with that top.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the same header problem as seems almost everyone. It's a shitty deal, but the top serves it's purpose for me overall.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:40 AM
JK Super Freak

IMO, it may be a PITA to resolve these issues, but in the end it will be worth it.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:50 AM
JK Newbie

I have the 4door model. I installed mine on a cold day first and it wouldnt even go on properly at all. I did it again on a warm day and it went on smooth and easy and is a perfect fit! There is a bit of tweeking needed to properly line up the header bar to get the least wind noise. A good clue that it is not exactly centered right if you get alot of wind noise at 45+mph. Loosen and adjust the header side to side, make sure it is as far forward in the header channel as possible, retighten the knobs and see if that helps. Just a quarter inch off line and it will be noisy. I also had to adjust the side rods on the window surrounds to get the fit right. Just a little tweeking at a time till it fit right.

Mine is nice and straight, has smooth lines and looks better than a factory top. In fact mine looks as good as the model in the Besttop web site!

Mine is also bone dry.

Guess I got lucky.

My only down side is that the middle of the top really domes up with the AC on outside air and at speeds over 45mph. brainstorming a fix for that. It seems to just be fabric stretch that is inevitable. Maybe sewing in a channel with a crossbow in the middle or two of them.

I'm working on a home made mod to have a roll up strap with a snap alond the top edge of the rear window to roll the window up and strap it in place rather than unzipper and remove it for open air.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by dwcrisp
I have the 4door model. I installed mine on a cold day first and it wouldnt even go on properly at all. I did it again on a warm day and it went on smooth and easy and is a perfect fit! There is a bit of tweeking needed to properly line up the header bar to get the least wind noise. A good clue that it is not exactly centered right if you get alot of wind noise at 45+mph. Loosen and adjust the header side to side, make sure it is as far forward in the header channel as possible, retighten the knobs and see if that helps. Just a quarter inch off line and it will be noisy. I also had to adjust the side rods on the window surrounds to get the fit right. Just a little tweeking at a time till it fit right.

Mine is nice and straight, has smooth lines and looks better than a factory top. In fact mine looks as good as the model in the Besttop web site!

Mine is also bone dry.

Guess I got lucky.

My only down side is that the middle of the top really domes up with the AC on outside air and at speeds over 45mph. brainstorming a fix for that. It seems to just be fabric stretch that is inevitable. Maybe sewing in a channel with a crossbow in the middle or two of them.

I'm working on a home made mod to have a roll up strap with a snap alond the top edge of the rear window to roll the window up and strap it in place rather than unzipper and remove it for open air.
Cool! Remember to post pics when you get that mid done in the rear window.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:43 AM
JK Super Freak

dw,
How is yours at the bottom of the rear window? Got any pics? Lets see em?

corey d
Old 05-06-2009, 10:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO there needs to be some rubber gasket or something to go on that little flap because on both sides every once and a while i get rain coming in... you dont have the prob i do as i have the 4 door but on the back doors it is even worse.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:48 AM
JK Super Freak

I can not believe this. I just called best top to tell them about the problems i am having. Best Top told me to call the place i got it, have them call best top, and that since i had it on my jeep already (and have been driving around for a week with it on), they would send me the new version of the trektop. Get this......best top said that they dont want the top that i have back. Im sure something will go wrong cuz im on here talking about it, but i had to tell somebody.

corey d
Old 05-06-2009, 01:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by STUPIDFACE
I can not believe this. I just called best top to tell them about the problems i am having. Best Top told me to call the place i got it, have them call best top, and that since i had it on my jeep already (and have been driving around for a week with it on), they would send me the new version of the trektop. Get this......best top said that they dont want the top that i have back. Im sure something will go wrong cuz im on here talking about it, but i had to tell somebody.

corey d
That sounds great! Think positive Let us how the next one works out.

Quick Reply: Yet another Trektop thread......Pics