Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Yet another Trektop thread......Pics

Old 04-28-2009, 12:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet another Trektop thread......Pics

Sorry guys, i thought i saw the dead horse wiggle a little. I just installed my trektop and over all, its about what i expected. It looks good, but there are a couple of spots that will probably give some problems.

This is what it looks like......pretty damn good i think....

Does anyone know if this is how this supposed to be? Should this little flap be tucked in or under or what?

Here, where the top meets the windshield, theres a nice gap. I dont know, maybe i can mess with it and get it a little tighter. I didnt realize how bad it was until i just looked at these pics. I never went out there and look, but the passenger side looks closer in the pic. Ill check in a minute and try to tighten it up if i can. I do hear some wind noise from the drivers side corner, up there at the winshield.

This is the bottom of the back window. Theres no way that its going to keep water out. Ill have to try to close that up some how.

For some reason they tell you to put a 3 1/4" piced of velcro on each side of the tail gate.........why? Nothing touches it. Am i missing something?

Would WOL or any one else who has been having the trektop for a while tell me if there is something i should have done different? Any tips?

corey d
Old 04-28-2009, 01:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for the great pics! It was about time to see detailed pics of a 2dr Trek top. Mine is supposed to ship on Friday

Sounds like the instructions aren't very helpful

How long did it take you to install?

Did you do it by yourself?

I sure hope someone chimes in on this thread on the problems you encountered. and save me some headaches too

Looks great so far!
Old 04-28-2009, 02:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Freak
I like the overall looks, but wow, the fit looks like poo
Give the guy a break until he works out a few details with the Trek top. I'm sure it will turn out great!
Old 04-28-2009, 02:47 PM
JK Super Freak

It took maybe an hour to install and i did it myself.

The fact that the fit looks like poo may be partly my fault. The gap at the windshield closed up when i went mess with it, so thats good. I think the main problem will be at the back window. I dont know if the channel for the back would make it better. This is the first time i have ever messed with a soft top except for one time when i helped my dad put his on, and he was 3/4 of the way finished when i got there.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by STUPIDFACE
It took maybe an hour to install and i did it myself.

The fact that the fit looks like poo may be partly my fault. The gap at the windshield closed up when i went mess with it, so thats good. I think the main problem will be at the back window. I dont know if the channel for the back would make it better. This is the first time i have ever messed with a soft top except for one time when i helped my dad put his on, and he was 3/4 of the way finished when i got there.
Atleast you have more experience than me
Old 04-28-2009, 04:51 PM
JK Newbie

I have the 4 door Trektop. You needed to cut the velcro to fit the tailgate. Also, I haven't figured out what to do with the flap at the front corners either.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Hey Stupidface,

Did your Trek top come with the Tailgate bar or is that still optional?
Old 04-28-2009, 05:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jayrav
Hey Stupidface,

Did your Trek top come with the Tailgate bar or is that still optional?
No i dont have the tail gate bar. Im wondering if i got the tail gate bar, would it work out better at the rear window.

corey d
Old 04-28-2009, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

Not sure the rear will work better with the tail gate bar. I am running a 4-door top with a tailgate bar. The velcro of the window does not fit tight against the vecro position of the tailgate bar. The rear window is loose and flaps around when connected this way. I actualy am just closing the tail of the window into the taigate bar (letting it get pinched between the taigate bar and the tailgate. This is secure enough to limit the rear window flapping and looks clean. I might modify the tail of the window panel to move up the vecro (and shorten it) once I am sure that my leak issues are resolved by Bestop.

(follow my profile for a trektop thread I started a week or so ago with plenty of pictures).

-Dan
Old 04-28-2009, 07:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TooSlow
Not sure the rear will work better with the tail gate bar. I am running a 4-door top with a tailgate bar. The velcro of the window does not fit tight against the vecro position of the tailgate bar. The rear window is loose and flaps around when connected this way. I actualy am just closing the tail of the window into the taigate bar (letting it get pinched between the taigate bar and the tailgate. This is secure enough to limit the rear window flapping and looks clean. I might modify the tail of the window panel to move up the vecro (and shorten it) once I am sure that my leak issues are resolved by Bestop.

(follow my profile for a trektop thread I started a week or so ago with plenty of pictures).

-Dan
Thanks for your input! Will be watching your thread too.

Quick Reply: Yet another Trektop thread......Pics