Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Yes.. it's a snowplow

Old 10-01-2008, 04:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XJ Kid 89
ive been seriously thinking about getting a plow for mine. how much did that set up run you?
Plan on $2,700 for the unit and another $500 for the install. Comes on and off in a matter of minutes. Even the wife can do it. The up/down,left/right lever can be mounted anywhere (velco backing) on the dash. It's gotta beat snowblowin. Google Fisher snowplow. Plus it adds alittle more value to the vehicle.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:56 PM
JK Newbie

how wide is the blade because i am nit sure if you can push a 8 foot steel blade full of snow
Old 10-01-2008, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Back in the 60's, practically every CJ had a plow. (At least in Maine, anyway)
Even the plastic Revell models came with a plow!
Heck, in Chicago...just about every other gas station has an old YJ or TJ sitting in the corner with a plow attached to it. I am always surprised. Funny thing is that it is ALWAYS a jeep...I haven't seen any other 4WD vehicles sitting around with plows on them. Then again I guess a Jeep takes up less space. If I think about it I will totally take some pictures tomorrow...bet I can find at least 5 in the 30 min of driving I do at work a day.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by redx08
i like it, but would never need it here in the south. i think the last time we had snow that stuck was 8 years ago
If you think about it another way, every eight years if the snow sticks, you can make a fortune seeing as you're probably the only one in the state with an operable snow plow! I'm just sayin'
Old 10-02-2008, 04:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ANTHONYLIMOMAN
how wide is the blade because i am nit sure if you can push a 8 foot steel blade full of snow
You couldn't push a 8 foot steel blade with a jeep. Actually it's a 6 feet 8 inches polyethylene blade (won't rust) which weighs about 250lb total. Should be able to plow 8-10 inches with no problems. We'll see!
Old 10-02-2008, 04:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cool !!

Originally Posted by rclark

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/4...c00437fij0.jpg

Go ahead and laugh But just think.. I don't need to go off roading
to break something, I can do it right in my own driveway. Can't wait for it to snow so I can go play.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

too bad we only get a dusting in my corner of the sandbox! that looks good!
Old 10-02-2008, 08:42 PM
JK Newbie

how bout making it a dig dug with a scoop in the front? no snow in az but plenty of dirt
Old 10-02-2008, 10:32 PM
JK Super Freak

i would like see some pics of those jeep / snow plows you see up there
Old 10-03-2008, 04:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Good luck with that plow set-up.

Personally for the amount of the set-up and the wear and tear on on a vehicle, of you're only plowing a driveway, go buy yourself a nice ATV with a free plow attachment (usually for sale in the summer!) and have a plow and a toy! Or if you have a long enough driveway and enough land to justify it, pick-up a small tractor with a plow.

Quick Reply: Yes.. it's a snowplow