Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Yes I am a poser!

Old 06-02-2008, 07:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mine gets a special coating

Old 06-03-2008, 12:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryno
I've come to the conclusion that the 3.8L is really nothing special to look at, no matter how clean it is.

Now here's an engine...

2009 Corvette ZR1
Supercharged V8
638 horsepower
604 lb-ft of torque
Mmm, mmm.
Can't see anything just plastics.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:09 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn man...

Those are some happy lookin Jeeps!!

Old 06-03-2008, 10:23 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by eurojk
Can't see anything just plastics.
That hunk of plastic will kill anything under $300K that you silly Euros make. Heck, the $70K Z06 will embarrass most of your supercars.

Audi R8... Complete annihilation.
Aston Martin DB9... Pwned.
BMW M5... Are you kidding me?
Mercedes SLR McLaren... The ZR1 will really make it look like a fish out of water, especially with those huge, ugly gills on the side.
Ferrari F430... Total humiliation.
Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano... Luckily the ZR1 driver won't ever have to look at that horrible rear end that reminds me of a Chevy Cobalt.
Porsche 911 GT2... Burrrrrned.
Porsche Carrera GT... Getting closer.
Pagani Zonda S... Fast, but not fast enough.

The only cars Europe has (that I can think of) that can beat a ZR1 are the Ascari A10 ($700,000), Koenigsegg CCX ($900,000), McLaren F1 ($1 million), Ferrari Enzo ($1.2 million), and Bugatti Veyron ($1.5 million).

Guess how much the ZR1 costs? A mere $100,000... Pocket change.

America for the win.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:47 PM
JK Newbie

Watch the video..........tell me what you think.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pEu3PYCg2ok
Old 06-04-2008, 07:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

not so clean, but a very cool pic of the engine bay of my 1944 Willys MB.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Pro-co
Watch the video..........tell me what you think.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pEu3PYCg2ok
Pretty sweet. Is it yours?

Originally Posted by D'sjk
Yeah well I can go out and buy a mitsubishi evolution put about $3000 in upgrades on which brings the total price now up to $38,000
and it will blow away most supercars and that stupid corvette!
Plus all wheel drive! 0-60 in 3.4! Top speed around 175 yeah you might pass me on the straights but I will make the differrence up in every turn!!

ALL IN A TURBO 4 CYL.!
The ZR1 does 0-60 in 3.4 with a good driver behind the wheel.

You won't get half the attention any of those other cars would get, seeing as a Mitsu Evo is a piece of Jap crap that looks like every other car on the road but with a scoop on the hood and an unnecessarily large spoiler slapped on the back.

Plus it will sound like crap. And feel like crap. And probably taste like crap, too.

Ricers don't get any love, do they?

........I need to write something Jeep related in this post, or this thread is going to be moved to "Fun in the Sun."

Um... one time I was taking the top down at a gas station, and lots of people were looking at me, and I sort of felt like a celebrity.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

That hunk of plastic will kill anything under $300K that you silly Euros make. Heck, the $70K Z06 will embarrass most of your supercars.

Audi R8... Complete annihilation.
Aston Martin DB9... Pwned.
BMW M5... Are you kidding me?
Mercedes SLR McLaren... The ZR1 will really make it look like a fish out of water, especially with those huge, ugly gills on the side.
Ferrari F430... Total humiliation.
Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano... Luckily the ZR1 driver won't ever have to look at that horrible rear end that reminds me of a Chevy Cobalt.
Porsche 911 GT2... Burrrrrned.
Porsche Carrera GT... Getting closer.
Pagani Zonda S... Fast, but not fast enough.

The only cars Europe has (that I can think of) that can beat a ZR1 are the Ascari A10 ($700,000), Koenigsegg CCX ($900,000), McLaren F1 ($1 million), Ferrari Enzo ($1.2 million), and Bugatti Veyron ($1.5 million).

Guess how much the ZR1 costs? A mere $100,000... Pocket change.

America for the win.
First off, LOL

SECAND, Man take a chill pill all I said was that all I can see is a load of plastic, don’t believe I ever said the European sport cars where better than the American ones. I personally quit like the Corvette at least its looks. Ever watched Top Gear. Great in straight lines but no good at going around corners, Ended up below 20 European and Japanese sport cars.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:05 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by eurojk
First off, LOL

SECAND, Man take a chill pill all I said was that all I can see is a load of plastic, don’t believe I ever said the European sport cars where better than the American ones. I personally quit like the Corvette at least its looks. Ever watched Top Gear. Great in straight lines but no good at going around corners, Ended up below 20 European and Japanese sport cars.
My teasing was all in good fun. I like most of what Europe has to offer. I just really like Corvettes (almost as much as I like Jeeps). I love Top Gear, too--not as much for its car reviews as for Clarkson, Hammond, and May's unique sense of humor (or should I say humour?).

The Z06 got beat out by cars that cost as much as 17 times its price (minus the Ariel Atom, which isn't all that practical). If the Stig spent a whole day on the track with the Z06 he could shave a second or two off the lap time. Heaven forbid a $70K American car shows up all the European supercars on a British auto show though...

Europe seems to have an inherent hatred for American cars, no matter how much bang for the buck they offer. You can take a Z06 to Lingenfelter and have them tune it and increase the BHP from 505 to 616--all for less than $8,000. For the fraction of the cost of anything European, you would have a Corvette that could do a quarter-mile sprint in under 11 seconds... If Chevrolet would spend a couple thousand more on the Corvette's interior I think Europe would take the car a little more seriously.

Anyways... This is a JEEP forum. Now back to your scheduled programming.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

My teasing was all in good fun. I like most of what Europe has to offer. I just really like Corvettes (almost as much as I like Jeeps). I love Top Gear, too--not as much for its car reviews as for Clarkson, Hammond, and May's unique sense of humor (or should I say humour?).

The Z06 got beat out by cars that cost as much as 17 times its price (minus the Ariel Atom, which isn't all that practical). If the Stig spent a whole day on the track with the Z06 he could shave a second or two off the lap time. Heaven forbid a $70K American car shows up all the European supercars on a British auto show though...

Europe seems to have an inherent hatred for American cars, no matter how much bang for the buck they offer. You can take a Z06 to Lingenfelter and have them tune it and increase the BHP from 505 to 616--all for less than $8,000. For the fraction of the cost of anything European, you would have a Corvette that could do a quarter-mile sprint in under 11 seconds... If Chevrolet would spend a couple thousand more on the Corvette's interior I think Europe would take the car a little more seriously.

Anyways... This is a JEEP forum. Now back to your scheduled programming.
I think it would have been cool if it had shown up all the Euro cars, as you say it’s a great bang for the buck. I think its just Clarkson who hates American Cars. Personally I am not a fan of Super cars, would take my jeep over any of them so back to jeeps.

Quick Reply: Yes I am a poser!