Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.
View Poll Results: HEMI or RIPP Supercharger
5.7 HEMI beats RIPP Supercharger
27.16%
RIPP Supercharger beats 5.7 HEMI
18.97%
Based on results I'd buy a Hemi
10.34%
Based on results I'd by a RIPP Supercharger
57.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Xtreme 4X4 RIPP vs HEMI Supercharged JK Part 3

Old 02-27-2011, 04:49 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mooseknuckle3835
I wanted to BACK UP the numbers, since I own the Hemi Jeep and was on set. The numbers from the RIPP are LEGIT also Ross and Enzo are stand up guys.

My numbers are slightly lower than anticipated due to the fact we couldn't get a full pull out of it since we cant remove the speed limiter. We hit 115mph on the dyno but only 4k rpm. AEV has the ECU locked out so no way to remove the limits.

Stock 3.73 gears
Hankook DynaPro MT RT03's, 315/70/17 (approx 34.5" tall)
Swap pulled from a 07 Dodge Ram 1500
RCX 3.25"

Either way I was really impressed with the RIPP kit and I am about to put my jeep up for sale. I am torn between my next build being a RIPP kitted jk or a 6.1 supercharged jk. Also looking into a Turbo Diesel swap Brute. Options Options Options

Also wanted to put a teaser pic since no one else was able to get one of these bad boys

thanks for that - we REALLY do appreciate that moose can atest to no one really knowing what would happen, it was as much a surprise to us as it was to the whole cast. We even tried to tune the Hemi to see what it could do but the ECU is a lock out default. Additionally Ian brought in a second Hemi for a control test with 4:88 gears and 35's which did go through the entire RPM band and made a little less torque and HP... but all in all we all agreed that the HEMI could make more if tunable...

All those projects together are awesome - give us a call if you decide to go RIPP - Moose is a stand up guy and we appreciate the DYNO challenge opportunity to meet both of you.

Originally Posted by Cunnart
access to the pic is denied.

Ripp you need to make a snorkel kit for the supercharger.
We are 100% compatible with an AEV snorkel right now -

RIPPTECH
Old 02-27-2011, 04:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mooseknuckle3835
Pic fixed... tailgate skin from straight from JAPAN.. because I am so JDM
That tailgate is sweet.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
We are 100% compatible with an AEV snorkel right now -

RIPPTECH
Cause the way Ian made it sound was like it wasn't and you had to do a custom intake.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cunnart
Cause the way Ian made it sound was like it wasn't and you had to do a custom intake.
That was for the river raider.

Great thread and show guys. But I still want a hemi. Lol
Old 02-27-2011, 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

That was a great show and I'll stick with the Ripp!!!
Old 02-27-2011, 01:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

The problem with the hemi,,, weight,, about 300lbs,, add that with the added weight of the bumper,, not to mention the cost of the entire amount of the upgrade, RIPP is the logical nd obvious choice,, even tho I'm an electrician,, I still wouldnt spend the money on a hemi upgrade
Old 02-27-2011, 04:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those are AEV wheels..
Old 02-28-2011, 05:32 AM
JK Freak

I just like the front mount
Old 02-28-2011, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
thanks for that - we REALLY do appreciate that moose can atest to no one really knowing what would happen, it was as much a surprise to us as it was to the whole cast. We even tried to tune the Hemi to see what it could do but the ECU is a lock out default. Additionally Ian brought in a second Hemi for a control test with 4:88 gears and 35's which did go through the entire RPM band and made a little less torque and HP... but all in all we all agreed that the HEMI could make more if tunable...

RIPPTECH
I give the guys at RIPP props for doing their homework on the SC kit and making what looked like a good quality and relatively easy install.

I was the second JK Hemi that was part of the dyno runs. I can attest that the RIPP guys did everything straight up. No shenanigans at all.
They even made the offer to tweak the Hemi ECU, to try to get rid of the speed limiter.

As a side note: I am running stock Rubi 4:10's in my setup. Not a big deal, just want to make sure the facts out there are correct.

I am sure there are better numbers to get out of both setups.
But, for me, the driveability of the Hemi as my daily driver couldn't be better. I love the power band of the V8. And, after 2400 miles of driving the Heep, I still grin every time I crank up that Hemi.

Cheers to the crew @ Extreme 4x4, the guys from RIPP, and Mooseknuckle. I enjoyed being a part of the show, and enjoyed meeting you all.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

sorry so was this comparison between the Ripp and a 5.7 hemi non vvt?

if so i can see why some would say spendin the coin on a hemi swap seem like a waste of money! but once u go 6.1 or more then i think u have a much solid and reliable platform that would surpass an SC. but thats just my .02 cents

I just ordered the new Hemi 6.4 VVT for my Jeep... so we'll see what thats like

Quick Reply: Xtreme 4X4 RIPP vs HEMI Supercharged JK Part 3