Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.
View Poll Results: HEMI or RIPP Supercharger
5.7 HEMI beats RIPP Supercharger
27.16%
RIPP Supercharger beats 5.7 HEMI
18.97%
Based on results I'd buy a Hemi
10.34%
Based on results I'd by a RIPP Supercharger
57.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Xtreme 4X4 RIPP vs HEMI Supercharged JK Part 3

Old 02-26-2011, 03:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im not understanding,,,, how do you make the jeep think its not running bigger tires ????
Old 02-26-2011, 03:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by highoctane
Numbers are nice, but what does the dyno sheet look like? I missed the show. VVT or standard 5.7?
Here are the screen shots from both runs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RIPP.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	131162Click image for larger version

Name:	Hemi.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	131161
Old 02-26-2011, 05:07 PM
JK Freak

i'd say that there is still some more potential in the HEMI judging by that dyno sheet
Old 02-26-2011, 05:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by racinfast002
i'd say that there is still some more potential in the HEMI judging by that dyno sheet
I'd say so too. I know the RIPP was custom tuned, and I'm assuming the hemi is a stock tune. Also looking at the graphs the hemi is making great low end tq compared to the RIPP.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'd say so too. I know the RIPP was custom tuned, and I'm assuming the hemi is a stock tune. Also looking at the graphs the hemi is making great low end tq compared to the RIPP.
They are tuned on 87 octane - but thats the catch you can't tune them... they are locked. Also HEMI Jk tend to run hot - so they are tuned down. Additionally the dyno graphs have different RPM scaling the Hemi has more points of reference because we were able to measure earlier... Whereas the RIPP vehicle had to wait for torque converter lock up and stabilize before running. We collectively thought the the axles new speed sensors needed calibrating...

Lastly - the Xtreme rig was a bit shift happy - so we had to ease into the power band.... we didn't have the chance to tune the entire load band (to be fair) we tuned wide open maps for power... our standard mapping in typical JK's shows power coming in sooner.

Remember the HEMI was on 34's and stock axles, we were on 37's and monster drive train.

We had much more time on Rock Krawlers Race rig on Dana 60's and 38's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBQRyPhG-t0 RIPPTECH

Last edited by RIPPMODS; 02-26-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by robkd
no cable for me but sounds like a pretty impressive showing for Ripp...
you can watch it on xtreme's website.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by matto0
Are we taking bets? (its the day before the show )

I have a couple questions -

1. Did xtreme pay for the unit or are they being paid to use the unit?

- Nothing against the RIPP, I just have a hard time buying these types of shows opinion when half of the time they seem like a infomercial for a given product.

Matt
I wanted to BACK UP the numbers, since I own the Hemi Jeep and was on set. The numbers from the RIPP are LEGIT also Ross and Enzo are stand up guys.

My numbers are slightly lower than anticipated due to the fact we couldn't get a full pull out of it since we cant remove the speed limiter. We hit 115mph on the dyno but only 4k rpm. AEV has the ECU locked out so no way to remove the limits.

Stock 3.73 gears
Hankook DynaPro MT RT03's, 315/70/17 (approx 34.5" tall)
Swap pulled from a 07 Dodge Ram 1500
RCX 3.25"

Either way I was really impressed with the RIPP kit and I am about to put my jeep up for sale. I am torn between my next build being a RIPP kitted jk or a 6.1 supercharged jk. Also looking into a Turbo Diesel swap Brute. Options Options Options

Also wanted to put a teaser pic since no one else was able to get one of these bad boys

Last edited by mooseknuckle3835; 02-26-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:02 PM
JK Freak

access to the pic is denied.

Ripp you need to make a snorkel kit for the supercharger.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:25 PM
JK Newbie

Pic fixed... tailgate skin from straight from JAPAN.. because I am so JDM

Old 02-26-2011, 09:46 PM
JK Newbie

I kinda think the same thing. I also wonder what a VVT or 6.1 will dyno. My 6.1/A580 is from a GC SRT8, waiting to be swapped in someday. Just need a 545 tranny, have it built, and the AEV swap kit. Def post up your dyne numbers and the graph.
I would call Dan at Burnsville if you are running the 6.1. He is the only one in the country who can custom tune your ecu to the mods. His kit is slightly more but my next build will have his kit for sure. AEV has only the stock tune and no custom tune available.

Originally Posted by Mark
Ive been saying this all along!!! Hemi--NOT worth the coin.

You would be surprised how little it actually cost if you do it yourself. Depending on where you source your swap it could be done around 10k. Its about 40 hours labor involved if you do it without taking the body off. My buddy just picked up a complete 6.1 changeover for 4k i am currently trying to talk him out of it for my next build.

Quick Reply: Xtreme 4X4 RIPP vs HEMI Supercharged JK Part 3