Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.
View Poll Results: HEMI or RIPP Supercharger
5.7 HEMI beats RIPP Supercharger
27.16%
RIPP Supercharger beats 5.7 HEMI
18.97%
Based on results I'd buy a Hemi
10.34%
Based on results I'd by a RIPP Supercharger
57.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Xtreme 4X4 RIPP vs HEMI Supercharged JK Part 3

Old 02-26-2011, 06:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Set. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice. Good work guys. I'm guessing you will now be even more busy around their.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:43 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Get a discount on RIPP Product for voting before the show... PM details - give us a day or two to respond.

1. BOOGY
2. ChrisLe
3. El Gallo
4. jacs813
5. jdb929
6. Mariner
7. Sinkic
8. stolls
9. YingYang
Old 02-26-2011, 06:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nice job RIPP

I wish the dyno tests were done with the stock axles, but very nice results regardless. I'm having difficulty NOT justifying buying a RIPP!
Old 02-26-2011, 06:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

They said a "hot" tune. How aggressive wast the tune? Would you put that tune on a programmer and add it to the kit, or is it too aggressive? Also, have you guys ever thought of doing a positive displacement supercharger for the 3.8?
Old 02-26-2011, 07:09 AM
EzK
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Impressive to see the comparison. I'd take 20 less hp for $15k less money. I wish they gave a bit more specs on the Hemi Jeep, like tires and gears.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:32 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by T&ERun
They said a "hot" tune. How aggressive wast the tune? Would you put that tune on a programmer and add it to the kit, or is it too aggressive? Also, have you guys ever thought of doing a positive displacement supercharger for the 3.8?
In reality we had to tune for the power train loss - its tuned on 91 octane we got right up the street from the studio/shop...

Our bottled tune is tuned for 89-93 octane fuel - so its on the conservative side - It took 2 adjustments to get the HP televised... they were blown away at how easy it was.

To be perfectly clear here - end users can go get that service relatively local to them - however RIPP is of the opinion the bottled tune is safe and reliable and 20 extra HP isn't work the push in timing or fuel mapping... Take for example you go to to a random gs station and they sell you weak gas in place of 91 - you'd ping and it would throw lights - The RIPP series of tunes accommodate for that...

RIPPTECH
Old 02-26-2011, 07:45 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by EzK
Impressive to see the comparison. I'd take 20 less hp for $15k less money. I wish they gave a bit more specs on the Hemi Jeep, like tires and gears.
Were were there '

34's Stock gears
5.7 3" exhaust
91 octane fuel from same gas pump

They had a control JK there (another 5.7) on 35's and 4:88's same WHP and power. In total the HEMI's made 13- pass's and they made the same HP over and over. The RIPP JK made 6 and ended up right there on average..
Old 02-26-2011, 07:51 AM
JK Freak

That was certainly a very interesting show. I want to thank Ripp for being there. I know it only showcases your product but this is a long time question that needed answering.

If you go as far to ignore the costs.... ($20k+ hemi installed, probably $8-12k if you do it yourself and find the parts) Just look at the LABOR involved. The hemi swap is a major project. The Ripp can be installed by most schleps on the street with a toolbox. The Ripp can be taken off.....

I really wish the Ripp Jeep would have been more "stock" meaning no funky axles or extra transfer case. There could easily have been 20hp lost right there.

I would venture to say that the Ripp won BIG. Costs were lower, install is easier and the numbers were within 10% for all practical purposes. This may have finally changed MY mind for good on which future direction to go.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Ripp-Tastic comparison. The look on the Hemi guy's face was priceless when he realized the cost per HP he incurred.

Hey RIPP,

The price they "quoted" on the show,... Did that include the headers as well as the SC?

Quick Reply: Xtreme 4X4 RIPP vs HEMI Supercharged JK Part 3