Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.
View Poll Results: HEMI or RIPP Supercharger
5.7 HEMI beats RIPP Supercharger
27.16%
RIPP Supercharger beats 5.7 HEMI
18.97%
Based on results I'd buy a Hemi
10.34%
Based on results I'd by a RIPP Supercharger
57.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Xtreme 4X4 RIPP vs HEMI Supercharged JK Part 3

Old 02-25-2011, 11:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THEY want to be associated with reliable product - they got a discounted promo unit - Vortech kicked us a blower to help drive the price down... Besides WE'VE sold (what is approaching 600 systems total) 200 GEN2 kits worldwide. So the proof is in the client write-ups (which are on every JEEP forum out there) not just the show - but hey we are all exposed to social marketing everyday.

I mean their not consumer reports if that's what your asking... they where amendment about installing our kit (they specifically wanted it) - so much so that the host called our facility to get us on board.

I appreciate the explanation.

RIPP on a whole is extremely conservative - we have an excellent track record - our clients have not reported engine failures of any type. Over the last 3 year RIPP has had reports of two head gasket related to the GEN1 and no failures wit GEN2... But nothing is guaranteed.

So what are the issues or possible concerns when installing a supercharger in the way of reliability? What if any are the type of problems will it potentially raise long term? Does it bring down the life span of the engine (or drive train)?

Install a tran's temp coole - the drive-trian's are strong. This is where we take the bet - How much HP do you think a 5.7 makes?

Claimed? Roughly 350-400 hp, at the rear wheel? No clue.

My question stems from all the 'extra' drive train mods that come along with a hemi conversion - you don't see too many people adapting the stock auto transmission to the hemi, granted that could be do due to other factors as well.

Maybe I'm out of line, but it seems like a rational question as to why one requires so much and one doesn't but they both are in the same ball park performance-wise.

EDIT: One other question, whats the difference between your stage 1 & stage 2 units? - EDIT 2 - NM found it in the details, thanks

Matt

Last edited by matto0; 02-25-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Well y'all. I want the supercharger. Maybe one day lol
Old 02-25-2011, 12:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pabust
If you have the money i think the Hemi is a best alternative, mostly because the engine remains stock, so there's no additional stress other than the usual one, but a supercharged 3.8 V6, which was never designed to be supercharged, i don't know if it's reliable.
X2 the supercharger is not like a turbocharger. Supercharger build pressure right from the start and keeps the pressure longer a turbo has to spool up to build boost and lays down faster.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default 2011 kits?

When are you going to send out the 2011 S/C kits?

It's been 2 months since ordering, the wait is killing me!
Old 02-25-2011, 01:42 PM
JK Freak

Is this TV program anywhere on the net?
Old 02-25-2011, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I Xtreme 4X4
Old 02-25-2011, 01:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Markdsv
I subscribe to it on iTunes, get the notification when new episodes are available for download. I watch them on my flights around the globe
Old 02-25-2011, 01:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Markdsv
Yes. You can watch it after it airs. You can also purchase the show from iTunes.

w w w.powerblocktv.com/site3/index.php/xtreme

EDIT: Dang GCM, your faster than me.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

this should be interesting...
Old 02-26-2011, 01:20 AM
JK Newbie

dvr set! will vote after

Quick Reply: Xtreme 4X4 RIPP vs HEMI Supercharged JK Part 3