Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

XRC-8 Winch installed...pics inside!

Old 10-13-2010, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XRC-8 Winch installed...pics inside!

So, if you guys have not figured it out at this point...I am a picture whore .

Anyway, got my XRC8 Comp winch in yesterday and installed it today. I was surprised really with how easy it was to install. Followed all the directions I found on here. I was able to get it on without taking the bumper back off. Be gentle on my line spool as it was my first attempt ever. Here are a couple pics of it. I have a spare set of KCs that Im gonna throw on it later this week. (I'll just add those pics here, I'm not THAT big of a whore) Let me know what you think.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks good!!!
Old 10-13-2010, 02:54 PM
JK Freak

GoodysGotaCuda - I don't have a winch yet - but when you say "connector" are you referring to the round part on the right side?

JKMudder - If you don't mind me asking, where did you pick it up at and what did it set you back? I'm gathering info now and will be in the market soon "after i pay all my damn bills".
Old 10-13-2010, 03:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
Looks good! (you do know you are supposed to turn the connector ~15* to align the pins for the controller, right?)
Thanks, Yep, I did extensive reading so I knew to turn it for it to properly engage. I had absolutely no issues with it. Other than me forgetting to take it off of free spool and wondered why it wasnt winding in at first...
Old 10-13-2010, 03:16 PM
JK Newbie

I have this winch myself watch out for you engage and free spool clutch arm. There is a pin under the end cap that can snap real easy fix smitty built will send a new clutch assembly for free. Aside from that one thing love this winch
Old 10-13-2010, 03:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dgnr8
JKMudder - If you don't mind me asking, where did you pick it up at and what did it set you back? I'm gathering info now and will be in the market soon "after i pay all my damn bills".
I got it "on sale" off of Amazon for $417 with free shipping. Best I could find. They had 2 in stock and now show the price to be $599. You can get it off winchdepot for $450 with free shipping I think.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same winch with synth rope and it has recovered vehicles and winched me out of a few stucks. Great bang for the buck. I would recommend you get a winch cover though. Sunlight can weaken the rope and make it brittle.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:18 PM
JK Freak

How do you like your Smittybuilt bumper? Was it plug and play or did you have to drill around a bit? I do like the way the winch sits low between the frame on that bumper keeping the COG low at the same time.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKMudder
I got it "on sale" off of Amazon for $417 with free shipping. Best I could find. They had 2 in stock and now show the price to be $599. You can get it off winchdepot for $450 with free shipping I think.
$417-$450 is a gerat price for that winch. I got mine with a special can't tell you where promise for $400 and it included the cover.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by renpia
I have the same winch with synth rope and it has recovered vehicles and winched me out of a few stucks. Great bang for the buck. I would recommend you get a winch cover though. Sunlight can weaken the rope and make it brittle.
Hmm, I didn't even realize that was an issue. I'll have to look into one. Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: XRC-8 Winch installed...pics inside!