Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

xr8 on stock bumper

Old 09-13-2008, 07:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xr8 on stock bumper

After having my winch sit in my garage for a month trying to decide on what bumper to get, I decided to go ahead and put it on the stock bumper for now. I used the harbor freight universal channel mount. I picked up (4) 1/2-13 5.5" long grade 8 bolts with nuts from a local harware store. I was actually surprised how much cutting and grinding i had to do. I do not consider my self a beginer and it took me about 4 hrs to complete this. Most of the time was spent trimming and testing over and over to get the bumper back on. I am sure it would have come out better cosmetically if i had more patience. here are a few pics. Sorry i dont have any during the project. I always wish afterwards that i had taken some. Thanks to the other members on here that did this first and showed their results.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

oh yeah, if you do this mod. take the bulbs out of your bumper before you start messing with it. i guess i had a duma$$ moment, so have to go get new bubs now.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:53 PM
JK Freak

Wow, nice job! I plan on doing the same.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks. pretty easy to do just need a few tools and some patience. any project that takes more than 3 hours starts to piss me off and i start rushing. let me know if you have any questions when you et ready to do yours.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:19 PM
JK Super Freak

thats a damn fine job you done there, i like it. great mod

Quick Reply: xr8 on stock bumper