Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Wrangler Overland Concept Vehicle Switch Cluster

Old 11-05-2009, 07:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm headed back to the Mopar area this afternoon to take more pictures of the XJ "concept" vehicle they have on display. I'll see if I can track down the guy responsible for the Overland and ask about the switch panel while I'm there.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:53 PM
JK Freak

It's going to be a real product! Expected release is January. It's made by a company called Simple Solutions Manufacturing. They're a start up, but have a management team with experience in the automotive industry and the financial resources to make a product.

It will be available in various configurations with different switch labels and relay types. The switch cluster on the dash connects to a relay board under the hood using a single cable terminated with RJ-45 jacks. The relay board has a bus capacity of at least 200 amps and has the required brackets to mount under the hood.

I'll try to find more information and photos.

-Glen
Old 11-05-2009, 03:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thank You Glen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2009, 07:31 AM
JK Newbie

That looks like exactly what I need. Any updates on availability?
Old 12-12-2009, 07:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eisenjj
You guys that think those switches will block you vision need to get a telephone book and some peddle extensions....cause you have to be really really short!

ROFL:r otflmao2:
Old 12-12-2009, 08:34 AM
Former Member

I would rather see it as a part of a single DIN radio conversion and that fills the gap. But it's not bad. Add it to the Daystar dash and you've got a cool little piece there.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bikerglen
It's going to be a real product! Expected release is January. It's made by a company called Simple Solutions Manufacturing. They're a start up, but have a management team with experience in the automotive industry and the financial resources to make a product.

It will be available in various configurations with different switch labels and relay types. The switch cluster on the dash connects to a relay board under the hood using a single cable terminated with RJ-45 jacks. The relay board has a bus capacity of at least 200 amps and has the required brackets to mount under the hood.

I'll try to find more information and photos.

-Glen
Dang, where were these guys two years ago!?
Old 12-13-2009, 04:20 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerglen
... It will be available in various configurations with different switch labels and relay types. ...
It would also be nice it one of those configurations had a hole or two to accept gauges--like an oil pressure gauge, for example.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Any update on this switch panel?
Old 12-22-2009, 07:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by yellow08rubicon
Any update on this switch panel?
Nope. Not January yet.

I haven't been giving much thought to the Jeep given all the snow on the ground out here and the temperature of the garage. I'll probably start looking for it again in February or March when it warms up and I have Moab on my mind.

Quick Reply: Wrangler Overland Concept Vehicle Switch Cluster