Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Wrangler 1 | Accord 0

Old 02-03-2016, 06:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wrangler 1 | Accord 0

So my Jeep is attracted to maniacs. A year ago it was someone, incidentally, in an Accord who hit my rear wheel. Bent my axle flange, their car totaled.

Tonight, an Accord rear ended me. My kids were good to go as was I. Tire carrier is a tad tweaked. I'll look more in the morning but in the end, it wasn't really the kids fault as someone cut me off out of nowhere and the accord smacked me.

He's got a fubar car and a ticket. 2 years ago my son was in this situation and got taken for the standard $10k. So I may just not worry about the bumper since it's really just his paint on it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	503
Size:	410.2 KB
ID:	636576
Old 02-04-2016, 01:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so much for all the autoblogs saying wranglers are rated "marginal" in rear crash test ratings lmao

i'm glad noone was hurt
Old 02-04-2016, 02:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by crawldad
so much for all the autoblogs saying wranglers are rated "marginal" in rear crash test ratings lmao

i'm glad noone was hurt
But if the JK had a stock Tupperware rear bumper, I bet the damage to the JK would be extensive and have tub damage. It looks like the car hit pretty hard, I bet it would have driven through the stock bumper until the tub stopped him.

The steel bumpers are beastly, no doubt about that! But at some point I would think that the bumper transfers enough energy into the frame rails and bends the frame. That would be bad.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:07 AM
JK Freak

Yeah, I'm sure the stock bumper wouldn't have fared well. I have said it before and I'll say it again, I'm content with my "Sh**tybilt" bumper. Powdercoat hasn't even chipped. I've got some of the other cars paint on my bumper but nothing else.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by urmyboyblue
Yeah, I'm sure the stock bumper wouldn't have fared well. I have said it before and I'll say it again, I'm content with my "Sh**tybilt" bumper. Powdercoat hasn't even chipped. I've got some of the other cars paint on my bumper but nothing else.
how come a lot of people say smittybilt is shitty quality? When they have a such a long heritage.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 02-04-2016, 03:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by LOLO9293
how come a lot of people say smittybilt is shitty quality? When they have a such a long heritage.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Because it's made in China (along with 90% of stuff we purchase) and it's half the price of other brands. I'm content with it!

Quick Reply: Wrangler 1 | Accord 0