Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Worst body shop ever got some questions?

Old 10-28-2010, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worst body shop ever got some questions?

Ok some of you may remember a tree fell on the JK while I was driving.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...w-are-we-alive

The body shop my insurance reccomended is completely retarded when it comes to Jeeps in general. So I have 2 questions for now.

1) They need to move my vin plate from one dash pice to the other. They say a represenative from Chrysler needs to be there anyone know anything about this?

2) I can't remember for the life of me if there is any weather stripping on the actual front window or just on the soft top. If anyone could look and let me know I woud appriciate it because these guys say there is only one little piece on the soft top and I think there was some on the windshield.

Thanks guys.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:57 AM
JK Freak

there is no weather striping on my front windshield.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

There is a rubber gasket attached to the windshield frame where the top meets the header
Old 10-28-2010, 09:34 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by derby911
There is a rubber gasket attached to the windshield frame where the top meets the header
That was what I was thinking the rubber gasket sitting on top of the windshield frame where the tops meet.

Also, Just make sure you do a complete walk around and ensure everything is 100% to your satisfaction before you sign any papers! If you find any detail they missed don't accept it get them to repair it!
Old 10-28-2010, 09:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok thats what I thought about the rubber gasket... They said its just this little foam strip on the top itself I was like mmm I don't think thats right.

I wasn't sure about the VIN because its going on 5 weeks now and well they are just really jerking me around about whats going wrong. Its bad enough they tore one of my Wet Okole seat covers and will have to wait on that from back order to begin with.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

man i don't know. If they don't know that there is any weather strip on the header seal there is no way in hell i would trust anything they do.

Quick Reply: Worst body shop ever got some questions?